Butterflies pre-surgery!

life_mirrors_art
on 6/20/14 6:33 am - Canada

Received the surgery confirmation call at noon today for surgery Monday, and now have an flutter of butterflies dancing in my stomach.

Hope they don't mess up my liquid pre-op diet!

mesmithie
on 6/20/14 6:49 am
with

I know its hard but try not to be nervous. After the surgery you will have some pain but you should have pain medicine. Dont be a hero, use it to relieve any pain you have. Try to walk around in the hospital. It helps. When you get home, you will have new routines to learn but you will learn them and you will be losing and your health will be improving. I am almost two months from my surgery. Not only have a lost almost 50 pounds (25 pre op, 28 post op) but most importantly to me, my diabetes is almost gone! Within a few days of the surgery I went from taking six shots of insulin a day to none! I can get around better, dont lose my breath as much and I am not in as much pain from my joints as I used to be. These are just a few of the things you have to look forward to. Best of luck on Monday and dont hesitate to ask questions on here. People are wonderful about responding and who is better to ask than people who have been through it? Again, good luck on Monday!

Cunning_Pam
on 6/20/14 7:30 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Don't worry, the butterflies won't drink much. 

Best wishes for a smooth surgery and uneventful recovery! Keep us posted on how you do once the big day gets here.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

life_mirrors_art
on 6/21/14 10:55 am - Canada

I'm sure the butterflies will only sip - but they sure are busy in there!

Thanks for your good wishes. I'm sure I'll be back online after I get home from the surgery, asking all the usual questions about hairloss, constipation, and rate of weightloss!

Scarlette B.
on 6/20/14 9:39 am - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

Super great you got a date.... Wishing you smooooth sailing.   I was so nervous before my surgery and looking back 90 days it seems like a lifetime ago... Xoxoxo

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

life_mirrors_art
on 6/20/14 10:44 am - Canada

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement!

lomercha
on 6/21/14 4:41 am

The morning of my surgery (5 years ago), I almost chickened out. I am so thankful I didn't. I am so great flu for my life now 

Melindaw
on 6/21/14 4:58 am - Gaffney, SC

I am almost 2 weeks post op.  Have all the fears, worries and freak outs you want!  On the day of surgery I was so calm because I had all those moments already.  Have lots of love and support for those pre surgery jitters.  Trust in your team and the process.  Good luck!

life_mirrors_art
on 6/21/14 5:44 am - Canada

Thank you!

dragonlove
on 6/21/14 8:01 am
RNY on 11/20/13

Don't worry... we all got nervous before surgery!  I'd be surprised if you could find anyone who claimed they didn't.  You've done all your prep and your research.... the butterflies won't stop you now!!!  Keep us posted on your progress afterwards!

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

Most Active
Recent Topics