Fat Flushing Soup recipe

molly3613
on 6/30/14 2:12 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

A little high in carbs for me but sounds really good.  Pretty good protein count though.

Meant to restore acid-alkaline and sodium-potassium balance to the body’s organs and glands, this recipe was adapted from the book, Hungry for Change. Included in this recipe, are superfoods that are packed with antioxidants and aid with flushing toxins and subsequently, fat from the body. Read more at http://skinnyms.com/fat-flushing-soup/#LSUKx4gFofW7GVsW.99

Fat Flushing Soup Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 137 | Previous Points: 1 | Points Plus: 2 | Total Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 75 mg | Carbohydrates: 28 g | Dietary Fiber: 8 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 8 g

Ingredients 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1" cubes (optional, 1 medium zucchini sliced into 1" round pieces) 3 carrots, peeled and sliced 1 stalk celery, diced 1 small yellow onion, diced 1 clove garlic, minced Kosher or sea salt to taste 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1/8 teaspoon allspice 1 teaspoon paprika 1 bay leaf 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained (optional, the beans are for added protein) 2 cups vegetable broth, low-sodium 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes (no salt added) 4 cups baby spinach, loosely packed

Directions Add all ingredients, except spinach, to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours, or until the vegetables are tender. Add spinach, stir and continue cooking just until wilted, approximately 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy! (1 Serving Per Night During if doing the 3 Day Cleanse & Detox) Tip: If you prefer a thicker stew, after 5 hours of cooking, simply remove 1 cup of soup, along with ingredients, mash ingredients with a fork, return to the slow cooker, stir and continue cooking 1 to 3 hours. Stovetop Method: Follow the same instructions above for prep, cover, and simmer until veggies are tender, approximately 2 hour. Stir every 15 minutes to prevent sticking. Add spinach at the end of cooking time, remove from heat, cover and allow spinach to wilt before serving. Read more at http://skinnyms.com/fat-flushing-soup/#LSUKx4gFofW7GVsW.99

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/30/14 2:35 am

I am 6 years post. But with so many carbs - if I try to eat that evening - I would crash and crash hard in  a middle of the night...

That may be good for "normal" people, but with someone post op RNY - at least for some of us - way too many carbs...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

molly3613
on 6/30/14 2:54 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

My dietitian told me to stick about 100 carbs or under daily.  And they dont bother me at all.  So I can have a cup of this soup with a couple of ounces of tuna or chicken and have a good protein and veggie meal.  And it is a crock pot recipe which i love.  I thought it worth sharing.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/30/14 3:08 am, edited 6/30/14 3:17 am

You are still relatively new from surgery..  longer terms - a lot of people deal with RH.. not fun.

Consuming 20 gr of carbs in one meal would not be good for me..  or some others vets -The longer post op - the more some of us need to watch carbs if we try to prevent the regain.. 

At 100 gr of carbs a day - almost regardless of calories -I would be gaining weight..

Just a note for you - at 2-3 years post op - some of us need to limit the calories and carbs to maintain without gaining.

EDITED TO ADD: 

I hate to mention that - really don't want to upset you- but in another post you mentioned how hard and slow the weight loss is now and that your original goal  of 175  "That seems unattainable and unnecessary"... 

For a lot of us - not reaching a goal that would take us out of obese weight - is a goal worth fighting for.. and the extra carbs - well they would really slow the weight loss or even prevent it.  

As long as you are happy and like the soup - good for you.. just please don't call it "fat flushing recipe" . That may really confuse some people.

molly3613 on 5/28/14 6:03 am   Topic: RE: Hard to imagine losing more?

I am exactly where you are.  I am 5 ft 3 3/4 and weigh 206.5.  I am now wearing at 16 and sometimes a 14.  A large in all things and a medium in some.  Everyone is constantly telling me how great i look ... Compared to the before me.  i have lost about 112 lbs.  so,far.  I do want to get below 200 so 7 or 8 more to go but now I dont know about my original goal of 175.  That seems unattainable and unnecessary as good as I feel now.  I know what you mean.  I am just going to not plan it and drift along and see what happens.  My nutritionist is happy, my surgeon is happy, my primary care is happy, my family is happy and I am happy.  So its all good!

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/30/14 2:56 am - OH

If you like the soup and can "afford" the carbs, that's one thing, but 1) chunky soups inherently violate the rule against drinking with meals (so you have to drink the broth first and then eat the chunky parts), 2) if there was a soup that could really flush fat, none of us would have needed surgery, and 3) I have yet to see a single peer reviewed medical study that supports the usefulness of the various kinds of "cleanse and detox" programs.

Just my $.02...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

molly3613
on 6/30/14 2:59 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

See, this is why I rarely post.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/30/14 3:03 am - OH

Hey, it's just my opinion.  If you like the soup and believe that it does something special, go for it.  

I just cringe a little when I see people touting something that allegedly has magical properties to other people who -- even after surgery -- are susceptible to looking for quick fixes and short cuts.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

BWB
on 6/30/14 3:06 am

Please describe the predominate flavor.  I've seen so many recipes like this that are supposed to melt fat and I just can't beleive it, however the ingredients are not harmful.  Just curious, if it tasts nasty I will never try it once let alone enough for it to work.

molly3613
on 6/30/14 3:08 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

Its just a soup recipe with loys of good things in it.  

molly3613
on 6/30/14 3:17 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

I haven't made it yet. It just sounded good and full of vegetables which I have a hard time getting in.  And a crock pot recipe which I am always on the look out for.  But the carbs are high and it is chunky, blah blah blah and on and on.  I am still going to try it.  It sounds like a good variety of vegetables to me and for me.  I know my hubby will like it.  Of course he would like it better with barley added. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 142 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?