Daily Debrief

Louise1974
on 7/10/14 12:28 pm

Now and again I need to take a few minutes in the evenings to take a look at what worked and what didn't during the day.  Not to beat myself up but to LEARN from it! 

Here is what I have got today, not drinking much caffeine (and only in the form of hot tea) really really helps.  i don't know if it is the stomach acid thing or the artificial sweetener or the crack-like substances that go into diet coke or what.  But without it I do much much better.  Life gets in the way of my plans now and then, the sausage I had planned for dinner was getting a little old and stinky and I had to compost it (tragedy I know).  These things happen but when they do I really need to just find a way to substitute it with something comparable, not, for example, Bugles.  Tonight I went to the store and got stuff to make a noodeless veggie lasagna.  It was awesome.  So much better than Bugles. 

Here is what didn't work and I still have to figure out:  I was all set to not eat anything after dinner and then my kids were up late and starving and I gave them fiber one bars and the little one only ate half of hers and it was just sitting there on the table and....  you guessed it, I ate it.  Not a disaster calorically but this happens all the time.  Any ideas here? 

LiViAnN_mommy
on 7/10/14 1:04 pm - Citrus heights, CA

I know how you feel! I was going to have fish for dinner but made the little one chicken nuggets which looked very tasty..... This is right after a great workout too! I kill myself in the gym and have no control over my eating when I'm at home. I had RNY in 2007 and have gained back 42 of my 105lb weightloss. So far I have lost 16. The first 10 were great and mostly because I gave up soda but the rest has been slow. I get so frustrated and I eat. I give up. Sorry for my rant..... LoL

to answer your question I enjoy a dannon light and fit at night. I mix in some granola and some mini chocolate chips. Also if I'm super hungry and I'm already at calories or it's close to bed I drink water or have a cheese stick. I believe in your last post you said you were going to stop eating at 630? I think that might be your problem. This far out I still need to eat every 3-4 hours. If I wait to long I get sick and end up stuffing my face with bad stuff. 

You can do this. I waited to long to face the music so good for you for turning it around now. 

poet_kelly
on 7/10/14 1:29 pm - OH

Throw it away.  Compost it.  Wrap it up and give it to her for a snack tomorrow.

My sister once told me she had noticed she had developed the habit of eating her kids' leftovers.  Then she said she realized, she'd been treating herself like a human garbage disposal.  I thought that was a pretty good realization. 

A few days ago, I bought a bag of kettle corn at the grocery store.  I dunno why.  I am usually good at avoiding that stuff.  It was not a huge bag but not tiny, either.  I came home and ate half of it for dinner.  Then I decided it really would not be wise to eat any more.  I threw the rest away.  I don't like to waste food.  But eating it when I don't need it is not putting it to good use.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

tdbull
on 7/10/14 3:11 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I got back on track today. Hit about 1100 calories but ate nothing off plan. Did a lot of protein first, had my Quest bars for snacks, and a good salad with leftover salmon in it for protein. Feeling satisfied and healthy. Got my workout in early this morning, all liquids and vitamins done too. I feel so much better than yesterday, when I grazed and binged on bad stuff all day and thruout the night. I guess we all deal with our issues one day at a time.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Louise1974
on 7/10/14 10:26 pm

Awesome!  It is totally one day at a time.  i am always amazed at how much better I feel when I am on track.  Good for you!

karenp8
on 7/10/14 10:19 pm - Brighton, IL

I would suggest planning for a snack before bed,perhaps something protein like string cheese or Greek yogurt. I know for me if I go from dinner until the next morning at breakfast my blood sugar is too low so I have yogurt every night about an hour before bed.

Louise1974
on 7/10/14 10:28 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I was trying to find a way to not graze all night long so I thought just not eating after dinner would fix it.  But, maybe I do need a snack at night.  i am gonna keep experimenting and figure out what works. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 140 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views