Daily Debrief, how did it go today?

Louise1974
on 7/14/14 11:04 am

I am sooo happy with my day.  The huge revelation today was that I started to go towards the food and mindless snacking this afternoon and i stopped and asked myself what I really needed and it was clear as day, I was exhausted (I blame The Killing on Netflix, I am totally obsessed).  So I had thirty minutes and I took a tiny little 25 min nap.  Soooo much better than eating a bunch of carbs.  I will now try to limit myself to only one (maybe two) episodes of The Killing!

Sherrie P.
on 7/14/14 11:08 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Good job!  

I had a few peanut butter crackers today because I was starving and they were handy in my desk. I did manage to stay under my calorie goal AND make it to Zumba class, so I will call it a win.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Reinette
on 7/14/14 12:56 pm - Marlborough, MA
RNY on 06/16/14
Reinette
on 7/14/14 12:56 pm - Marlborough, MA
RNY on 06/16/14

I'm 4 weeks out and today was my first day with any real issues.  The first one was my fault.  I know I ate my breakfast too fast and spent the next hour or so feeling crappy.  At lunch I got the same reaction though I swear I was eating slowly and taking my time.  No issue at dinner except I got full much sooner than usual.  I guess I just had an off day.

Went swimming and boy do my stomach muscle hurt now!  :)  

HW: 333; Weight at 1st visit: 318.6; SW: 304.4; CW: 218.4

tdbull
on 7/14/14 12:58 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
So far, so good for me, too. Yesterday got away from me, and today my cravings were bad, but I pushed thru it and am good on calories and staying with my plan. I have allotted calories for a Quest bar for my evening snack, and maybe a cup of SF cocoa. Even got my 10k steps in today!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

LiViAnN_mommy
on 7/14/14 3:01 pm - Citrus heights, CA

I did ok today. Alittle mad at myself, the scale was up by 3lbs from Friday.... Back to the basics. For the most part ate pretty good had alittle to much toast but that was it. I killed it at my workout today so pretty happy about that! Overall a pretty good day.

lomercha
on 7/15/14 12:12 am

I like this thread! Is it a new thing? 

Yesterday was basically a good day for me. But the "day" is usually good. It is the night that I struggle. I am under a lot of stress and I find that at night after everyone else is asleep, I will eat junk. (The only way I have been successful at stopping myself is when I am diligent with my food diary). What I need to do is go to bed when my husband does. The disturbing part about eating at night is that it reminds me of my "secret" eating before surgery. I used to go to OA and I know how dysfunctional this is. 

I try to keep junk out of the house...but I find the eating is more about the behavior...not the food. Even when I cannot find any junk, I will eat what I have that I think still tastes good. In counseling I was told that I say YES to food (or indulge) because I am trying to care for myself. In otherwords the more I have to tell myself No in my daily life, work, parenting, etc. the more I try to counter my needs by indulging. It makes a lot of sense to me, but I still struggle with healthy ways of indulging, or caring for myself.

robinreinhardt
on 7/15/14 3:06 am

Thanks for posting. You hit the nail on the head. I can do great all day long and then evening is the pits for me. Must be boredom or something. I'm going to try harder tonight. Bless you and lets do this together.

Robin

Louise1974
on 7/15/14 2:41 am

I started this thread because I am great at making a plan but not always great at following the plan!  It really helps me to know that I have these check ins.  My therapist gave me a list of recommendations for how to manage food after surgery, one of them was, "Eat everything as though you were in full view of other people."  The What's on the Menu posts and this one seem to help me virtually do that.  Evenings are my hardest too.  I can easily eat more calories between 8 and 11 as I do all day.  I am working hard on it. 

NHwahine
on 7/15/14 9:53 am
RNY on 06/30/14

I had my 2 week followup appt today. The staples were removed and everything looks good...except my liver. My surgeon took a biopsy during the procedure and showed me pictures of my liver..I have very early stage cirrhosis. He assured me that with the weight loss and the normalizing of my blood sugar the underlying cause for the cirrhosis is resolved and no further damage should take place. Still... it wasn't the best news I've ever had.  He did say that I was about 3-4 years from severe liver damage and needing a transplant so I thanked him for saving my life!

Today I started on blended yogurt, sf pudding, and full-thickness protein shakes. No trouble so far.

43 years old. 5'8" tall  HW 320 (BMI 48.7) SW 268 (BMI 40.7) CW 198 (BMI 30.0)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 1 replies · 11 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 255 views