Daily Debrief, how did it go today?

Louise1974
on 7/16/14 11:18 am

Hello!!!!

I had another amazing day.  Woke up at 3:30 AM (holy $#%&!!) to go hiking.  Did an insanely hard hike and felt so great I added a loop that added three miles and a ridiculous climb (2350 vertical feet in 1.7 miles).  That is ridiculous folks.  AND I RAN the last mile partly because I was trying to get back so I wouldn't be late for the babysitter but mostly just because I COULD.  All together it was ten hours of solid hiking.  I feel soooo good.  It was really amazing.  I had a million epiphanies about my process and life in general while I was hiking and I will write more about that tomorrow! 

Food and hiking is always tricky for me, I can't quite figure out how to get enough, not a bad problem I know.  My food plan for big hiking days is to eat slowly and steadily all day.  So, it isn't all that hard to meet that goal!  I had a shake, a cliff bar, two luna bars, 2 oz almonds and some applesauce on the hike.  But this was not enough. Or maybe it was and I needed more electrlytes?  I don't know.  I was all sorts of wacky by the end and maybe dehydrated too.  But I got some raisins and nuts and and then felt much better.  When I got home I had two small pieces of pizza which is not normal for me but tasted amazing and after big hikes like this I tend to relax my food plan a little.  I am now exhausted and a little delirious but in a good way!!

I am really pleased with how kind I was to myself today.  i would look down at my thighs jiggling away and I just kept thanking those strong thighs for carrying me all over creation.  When I got out of the shower tonight my daughter was showing me her "giant" belly full of pizza and I said, my belly is pretty full of pizza too.  And she said, "Why does your belly look all skally waggy?"  (where on earth that phrase came from I have no idea but I LOVE it!) and I said, "two sweet girls grew in my belly and that can make bellies look skally waggy" and she patted my tummy and said, "That was a nice home."  oh my god.  seriously. so you betcha, my thighs are jiggly and my belly is skally waggy and it is all good!

How did it go for you today?

Sherrie P.
on 7/16/14 11:45 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Well... headed up on that time of the month and the hunger beast was in full effect. I did try to stick with planned meals and did my 2 mile walk today. I was over my calorie goal, but the choices I made weren't terrible.

Hanging in there!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Louise1974
on 7/16/14 12:09 pm

I know that beast!  I am increasingly convinced that success does not lie primarily in following the rules but rather in our capacity to get back on track when life gets in the way.  So it sounds like you are doing better than just hanging in there!

poet_kelly
on 7/16/14 12:35 pm - OH

Isaac and I did about a three mile hike around the lake at a nearby park today.  I thought about you while we were climbing up this hill, which would have looked teeny to you but was pretty challenging for me.  Isaac loves steep hills, going up and down then.  He's a nut.  But I mostly do walks on pretty flat paths because that is easier on my back, so this was challenging for me.  And I got up and down the steep parts without falling on my butt so that was nice.

I think your food was fine today and I'm sure you do need to eat a lot more when you're hiking up big mountains.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Louise1974
on 7/16/14 1:23 pm

I bet Isaac is really fun to walk with.  Sometimes I see dogs out on the trail and I think how cool it would be to have a dog to hike with.  Good for you for walking three miles, I know your back makes it hard for you so double good for you!

poet_kelly
on 7/16/14 1:26 pm - OH

Isaac is super fun to walk with because he has so much fun.  I also end up noticing things I would never have noticed myself, because he spends so much time with his nose to the ground.  I end up seeing a lot more snakes, frogs, bugs, etc than I would ever notice otherwise.  Which is not always a good thing, but it is interesting.  But it is fun because he just loves it.  He gets so excited he cannot sit still in the car when we pull into the parking lot of a park.  And he just loves stuff like wading in a creek or sniffing a rotting log and he is so obviously having a ball that it's impossible not to enjoy jus****ching him.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 7/16/14 12:40 pm - OH

Oh!  And how could you possibly mind having a skally waggy belly if the reason it's skally waggy is because it provided a nice home for two sweet girls?

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 155 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views