Day 2 post op worse than day 1!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 7/18/14 4:26 am - Baltimore, MD

I had so much pain after surgery. I came to boards like this and heard of folks walking their first day and feeling fine and I remember thinking "what did they do that I didn't?"

Hang in there. It all takes time but you feel your way forward. Six years later and I feel great. Stay encouraged!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

MyLady Heidi
on 7/18/14 5:56 am

Day two is the worst day, I just experienced it personally after my lap ercp on Monday, Tuesday sucked, Wednesday I came back to work.  Now it's Friday and I pretty much back to normal except when I stand up and sit down.  Obviously I don't have a virgin pouch so I am not going through the eating aspect, but I do have all the incisions and lap scars to prove that having rny and a stuck stone in your bile duct is one sucky thing.

It will get better.  Oh yeah and pain meds cause constipation, I would not take them unless you really really need them.  I didn't touch mine and I am still constipated from everything that gave me in the hospital for all those days.

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/14 6:01 am

It gets better I swear.I promise.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 7/18/14 6:27 am - Baltimore, MD

Totally not related to this thread, but hi! I have one Basset Hound. Training tips are appreciated! :)

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/14 7:06 am

I hate to tell you this they train you.They are very stubborn dogs.Sweet but stubborn. I use a book called Bark Busters.It has worked in the past.The youngest one listens the best.He is the pleaser in the bunch.

Most Active
Recent Topics