Bam...and here it is

iHeartTeas
on 7/28/14 2:48 am

So I got the call today...I have received surgical clearance.  At first I was delayed because of insurance reasons due to a sleep study I was required to get.  Finally got that cleared up, thanks to me and no one else but in the process discovered I have moderate sleep apnea 😩 I was delayed one month.  I finally started to think maybe this just isn't meant to be.  I've always felt this was the way I was stuck being like forever.  Only I was so disappointed and sad at that prospect.  After must having my second child only 9 1/2 months ago my body took a turn for the worse and started packing on the pounds.  Decided this was the time and I needed to stop feeling sorry for myself.

This journey started in April. I am just about at the finish line of this life and soon getting started on my new beginning.  I am nervous, scared, excited, and worried about dying.  I guess this is all normal.  How did you get through it?  What kept you motivated? What kept you from saying that you would give it one more chance on your own?  You are so brave!

Thanks!

Cernigl1
on 7/28/14 3:51 am

I am not totally where you are but i am in my preop stage and about 4 years ago I went through this process and right up to the point I was going to schedule my surgery I chickened out and said I need to try to do this on my own one more time, it had a lot to do with the lose skin.  Well I am back to the drawing board and even I truly believe everything happens for a reason I wish i would have been braver 4 years ago, so I could have been looking back at before pictures.  

But like I said everything that brought us to this point in our lives is for a reason.  I am in a much better mind set and I have done alot of growing up, so maybe I needed that time to grow but I know with out a doubt I am ready for this surgery.  You are so brave don't let anyone tell you different.  You are so brave because you are going through this process even though there are challenges.  You can do this.  Everytime I need motivation I look at the before and after pictures on OH and on Youtube.

I love them.

You can do this!

karenp8
on 7/28/14 4:34 am - Brighton, IL

It is totally normal to be feeling all kinds of emotions now. It is a big change with lots of unknowns. I just kept reminding myself that if I kept on the unhealthy path of weight gain I was on it was only a matter of time before I caused irrepairable damage to my body. I lost both of my parents early due to diabetes and I was diabetic with high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Your children deserve to have a healthy mom who can play with them and feel good. You deserve that too. Now is your time! Trust in your surgeon and do as he tells you and a healthier life can be yours! Let us know when you get a date and if you have any questions,feel free to ask.

iHeartTeas
on 7/28/14 5:53 am

Thank you both for your replies.  I did start looking at "Before and After" pictures just today.  Until now I didn't just so I didn't get too wishful.  I am amazed at the results.  I can't wait to be on the "after" side of things.  I also feel a bit more courageous after reading about being there for my kids.  It is one of the biggest reasons I decided to proceed plus the diabetes.  I suppose it is time I stopped barely living.  It's time for me to start my life now.  

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 7/28/14 1:44 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Reading everyone's stories here every day kept me motivated.  Paying close attention to the vets here kept me motivated.  I come back everyday to stay motivated and keep on track.  I love my new life. My diabetes is in remission, I no longer take blood pressure meds, no more cholesterol meds, and I no longer use a walker.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 6 replies · 37 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views