What's on the menu today, RNYers?

Louise1974
on 7/26/14 11:53 pm

Good morning!

Quick sweet story:  my six year old sees me posting on OH in the mornings and asks what I am doing.  I tell her "I am telling my friends about all the healthy things I am going to do today."  Yesterday we were getting ready to go somewhere.  She was sitting at her little desk playing with an old computer keyboard.  I told her to go get her shoes on and she said, "Okay mommy, I just have to finish typing my healthy things!"

22 months out and feeling awesome today!  I am (again) embarking on an attempt to see if I have some food allergies going on.  I am doing a trial elimination of dairy, egg, and all grains.  ugh.  Past attempts have resulted in me getting stuck in that restrict/binge cycle.  But I met with the allergist the other day and we agreed that one more look at the food was necessary.  So here I go!  Again!  Yesterday I did great, but it was easy because I hiked for 12 hours and ate nothing but trail mix.  It is easy to stay on plan when the only food you have to eat is in your pack!

S:  tea with soy milk

B:  bacon!  with lettuce and tomato

L:  some kind of beans with cucumber salad

D:  BBQ chicken, carmelized fennel, grilled zuchini, green salad

S:  coconut chia pudding

Exercise:  it is pouring and thunder storming this morning.  If it clears up I think a big family walk with hula hooping is likely.  If it doesn't clear up I might do some hula hooping and yoga on the porch.

Goal:  take advantage of this rainy weather and spend some time cooking up lots and lots of yummy tasty things to eat so my fridge is stocked for the week.

karenp8
on 7/27/14 2:44 am - Brighton, IL

We are having hot humid weather here in Illinois but no rain. Lily and I walked our 3.47 miles at the park this morning and then I headed to church where I play the piano every Sunday. Plans for today are to do some sewing and give the dog a bath. After lunch I will go down and do the health rider for 16 minutes too. I will be 23 months post op on Tuesday and my weight was 119.8 today. On track with vitamins and fluids so far and here are my eats: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with half a banana and peanut butter L 1/2 c chicken salad and 1/2 c Greek yogurt S pineapple with some peanut butter D 1 c ham and beans S Greek yogurt with nuts. Have a great Sunday everyone!

Mona Mee
on 7/27/14 3:46 am - Largo, MD
RNY on 07/17/14

I can finally post in this thread now as I am 10 days post op ☺️ 

Granted my "food" isn't as yummy as most of yours lol, but I still feel good about it!

B: 2 scoops of Designer Whey White Chocolate with 14 oz water

S: Tea with Stevia

L: 1 scoop of Designer Whey White Chocolate with 8 oz water

S: SF Popsicle 

D: 1 scoop of Designer Whey White Chocolate with 8 oz water again lol

I'm going to take 4 short walks through out the day to add up to 30 mins. ☺️

RNY 7/17/2014!! Decided to stop kidding myself about what I'm really doing with my life. Excited for getting back to me!!   

Louise1974
on 7/27/14 5:02 am

That sounds like a great day!  Before you know it you will be eating real food again! 

Mona Mee
on 7/27/14 6:00 am - Largo, MD
RNY on 07/17/14

Thank you so much Karen and Louise!!! I read this post every single day and you all are so cool, and it's nice to see what others eat for ideas, like Karen said! 

karenp8
on 7/27/14 4:08 am - Brighton, IL

Mona your menu will be more exciting soon. Thanks for joining us. There's lots more traffic here during the week. I find I get some new recipes and food ideas here and it makes me plan and be accountable to someone too. Welcome and keep posting!

Judy1966
on 7/27/14 8:50 am

I am scheduled for RNY on July 31 and I am excited but scared at the same time if that makes sense. I am a retired teacher and I really enjoyed reading your post.  I had Renal Cell Carcinoma last September and had a Kidney removed.  I have always had a weight problem , but my main reason for the surgery is to lose enough weight to get off of my high blood pressure medication.  I hope to learn a lot from you ladies and a friend would be nice to help me with this journey.

Louise1974
on 7/27/14 9:27 am

Oh wow!  Your surgery is right around the corner.  OH has been really helpful for me.  Good luck!

karenp8
on 7/27/14 11:35 am - Brighton, IL

Welcome Judy! Your surgery will be here before you know it. Being scared and nervous is totally normal but if you follow your doctors instructions you will do just fine. I had surgery 23 months ago and lost 140 pounds. I also clist my high blood sugars,high cholesterol and my uncontrolled blood pressure. I am still on one low dose blood pressure pill but my pressure is now totally normal. I tried coming off the meds but my pressure went up. Prior to surgery my pressure was sky high on 3 pills. I had been obese my whole life and now I am at the low end of a normal bmi. You will be amazed at how well you will do! Glad to have you join us!

NoDaybut2Day
on 7/27/14 4:25 am - CA
RNY on 07/03/14

I was a little ambitious in moving on to more solid food last week and it didn't really sit well so I'm moving back to more slider food for a bit.  But Chicken, I'll be back!

B: 1/2c refried beans with 1/4c  (4) cheese blend

L: 1c plain greek yogurt, 1.5 scoops vanilla whey protein, 1 peach

S: SF popsicle

D: Trader Joe's 21g protein frosty chocolate shake

Cal: 638, Carb: 62, Pro: 71, Sugar: 27

W: Aiming for second day in  row at 72oz!

V: Started

E: 30min stair stepping

Have a good one everyone!!

HW: 308,  CW: 261,  SW: 240,  Now: 135.8  M1: -23.4  M2: -12.0 M3: -10.2 M4: -10.0 M5: -9.0  M6: -10.0  M7: -2.0  M8: -6.8  M9: -7.6 M10: -4.6 M11: -3.6  M12: -3.7  M13: -1.2