Two hours in the kitchen = a whole weeks worth of menu fabulosity

Louise1974
on 7/27/14 9:32 am

I am off dairy/grains/egg again to check for allergies so I had to get creative.  I spent two hours in the kitchen and my fridge is STOCKED with:

cucumber garbanzo tomato salad

lemon herb vinagerette

prepped lettuce for salad

sauteed green beans with carmelized onions and red peppers

two roasted chickens (from organic local chickens slaughtered two days ago!)

big pot of lentil soup

small pot of veggie soup

carmelized fennel

pot of pinto beans with ham hock, onions, carrots, and lovage (my new favorite!)

four small mason jars of vanilla coconut chia pudding for on the go breakfasts

Two hours very well spent! 

molly3613
on 7/27/14 9:39 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

Wow I am copying.  What great ideas.  How long will it take to eat all that.  That is my problem.  I have thrownout  enough food to feed a family of four for a year. I misjudge. Today I made a good eggplant/zucchini casserole layered with prego and cheese and spinach/feta bites ... Both eggfqce recipes.  My husband is eating things he never thought he would have to eat.  But he is eating them ... Game on!

Louise1974
on 7/27/14 10:12 am

Copy away!  All this food is for my whole family so I expect we will get through it just fine.  I can eat a lot at this stage of the game (22 months out), especially of veggies.  And, I have no problem whatsoever throwing food away (actually composting it).  My health and well being and sanity is way more important that whether I will finish all that lentil soup!  I need really tasty foods and lots of options so when I can I just cook up a storm and if stuff goes to waste then, oh well.  It helps that I get all my food from a local farm and it is one price for as much as you want.  That certainly helps!  Eggplant zucchini casserole sounds lovely.  I can't wait for the eggplants to be ripe!  And good for your husband!!

molly3613
on 7/27/14 10:58 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

How do you make the cuke garbanzo tomato salad.  Just combine but what dressing?  I love the green bean onion red peppers and the fennel.  Never had fennel.  Starting my next week grocery list.  I wish we had a one price for everything farm around but we are smack in the middle if Houston Texas.  And just the two of us so I have to be careful how much I make.  I do a lot of crock pot meals too.  You can crock almost anything.

Louise1974
on 7/27/14 11:11 pm

There are loads of herbs in my garden so I used a splash of white wine vinegar, olive oil, dill, pickled scapes, cilantro and salt.  Yummo!  I think some lemon juice would have been nice too but I didn't think of it.  Fennel is awesome, it is really nice sliced very thin with a simple lemon vinagerette.  I also really like it sliced and sauteed in olive oil until it caramelizes.  I am really lucky that I have access to so much food, there are plenty of downsides to living in the middle of nowhere but that is not one of them!

Most Active