Well, I slipped up. ..

BlackRoseRNY
on 8/1/14 2:13 am
RNY on 03/19/14 with

In the hospital currently with dehydration. I am also in Diabetic ketoacidosis. My electrolytes are all messed up.  I have to find new recipes for more "wet" proteins for snacks and meals. I pushed myself to hard on the cardio and didn't replace the water.  And now I'm stuck with a roommate who thinks I'm her daughter Harber....o_O

Blackbird1987
on 8/1/14 2:16 am

Oh no!  I am so sorry! I hope you feel better soon! What do they mean by "wet proteins" 

Sending good vibes your ways! 

BlackRoseRNY
on 8/1/14 2:21 am
RNY on 03/19/14 with

Like bean or chicken soup so I can get protein and water in at the same time. Thank you!  I welcome all the positive vibes I can get!  Lol

BlackRoseRNY
on 8/1/14 2:27 am
RNY on 03/19/14 with
H.A.L.A B.
on 8/1/14 4:24 am

I still rely on protein shakes when it is hot or when I realize that I am not drinking enough and not eating enough... had to switch brands and protein sources, but making sure I get hydrated and get enough proteins is my daily goal.

on days that I notice I did nothave enough water and salt - I make homemade egg drop soup.  I use chicken stock, or  low sodium V8 (very rich in potassium - then I add more salt) as my base for my egg drop soup. 

we don't eat a lot - so making sure we get enough sodium - sea salt is best IMO - is critical. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

TempiB
on 8/1/14 6:08 am - Corsicana, TX
RNY on 03/24/14

I find that I crave salt these days and I am not shy about using it when I do crave it. 

Will you post or message me your recipe for egg drop soup?  I love that stuff but have stayed away from chinese food since my surgery.  Would love to have a good recipe to make at home. 

HW:303   SW:297

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/1/14 11:48 am, edited 8/4/14 6:17 am

Low carb or no carb egg drop soup: take good stock. Season well...bring to boil. In a mean time break 1-2 eggs and mix them well.  Pour over hot boiling stock or soup base... Wait until just starts boiling again. Take off the heat.  Let stand for 5 min during which I chop herbs (like dill...or basil - yum) pour into large mug,  put herbs on top. Yum. 

In winter - if it is cold - I add dry or fresh ginger , or garlic (for colds) ..plus a pinch of cayenne. 

That is also very good for "normie" - my BF loves it.  I am 6 years post op - 1 cup stock + 2 eggs.  Meal for me. As an appetizer - 1/2 of that with more stock.   

Sometimes if I am hungry and want more food - I may slice 1/4 avocado and place into the egg drop soup.  

(Do me a favor - please don't substitute egg whites for whole eggs - the fat free version is not  it..- whole egg is the right thing) 

(edited to fix errors from "tablet typing")

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

TempiB
on 8/4/14 5:36 am - Corsicana, TX
RNY on 03/24/14

Awesome!  Thank you! 

HW:303   SW:297

BlackRoseRNY
on 8/1/14 8:42 am
RNY on 03/19/14 with

Excellent idea!  Thank you! 

Eggface
on 8/1/14 6:10 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Uggh Feel better! Just a heads up in case you haven't seen them Celebrate Vitamins makes a Chicken & Tomato Soup Protein might help.

I feel you. I'm bad a****er too... and suffer with kidney stones in the summer when I slack. I'm a protein shake drinker. Love them in the hot afternoon so that helps. A few of my favs: http://www.pinterest.com/eggface/protein-shakes-and-smoothie s/ hope it gives you a few new ones to try.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 257 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views