What's on the menu today, RNYers?

Louise1974
on 8/1/14 11:26 pm

Good morning!!!!  It is a beautiful sunny day here, with a 80% chance of thunderstorms, ugh.  Good day to garden I think, if it storms I can just run back inside!

time since surgery: 22 months

S: tea with almond milk

B: chia pudding with whatever raspberries are left in the garden

L:  salad with chili

S:  cucumbers with humus

D:  BBQ chicken with grilled zucchini, fresh tomatoes, and salad

exercise: something close to home because of the chance of storms, I have about a ton of wood chips that need to be hauled around my property, that ought to do it!

i don't know why exactly but after a terrible run with food I am doing so much better.  I think I am working harder to make sure that there is really tasty food around all the time, not relying so much on almonds, almonds, and more almonds.  Have a great day everybody!

Angela_Italiana
on 8/2/14 1:18 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

Hello to all! I had a great morning, as I have finally slipped in to the elusive Onederland! The scale read 197.3 this morning, Hooray!

Breakfast: Smoothie (4oz plain greek yogurt, 1/2 banana, strawberries, blueberries, spinach, flax seeds, unsweetened almond milk)

Snack: Roasted shrimp

Lunch: Balsamic chicken breast with braised purple cabbage

Snack: Protein Shake (2 scoops Syntrax Cappuccino)

Dinner: Roasted Turkey breast with roasted bell peppers and onion.

Vitamins: almost done for the day

Water: should be at 10 cups

Exercise: N/A

Calories: about 1200

Protein: 148g

Carbs: 62g

Fat: 30g

Louise1974
on 8/2/14 7:11 am

Girl after my own heart, I LOVE braised purple cabbage!

Angela_Italiana
on 8/2/14 8:00 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

I agree! A completely underutilized vegetable, but so very tasty and good for you!

karenp8
on 8/2/14 11:14 am - Brighton, IL

Congratulations Angela and welcome to onederland. I'm a fan of braised cabbage too. Only person in my family that likes it so I don't make it often but just love the flavor. I also love brussrl sprouts,cauliflower and broccoli.

karenp8
on 8/2/14 11:21 am - Brighton, IL

Posting late today as I have been running around all day. I did my early morning walk with Lily and went 3.7 miles. I also did 200 crunches and lots of walking in stores today. A bit lower than usual with fluids at 74 ounces and got all my vitamins in. Here's my food: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter S whole grain crackers with peanut butter L 4 Oz's ground beef with cheese(part of a butter burger without the bun) and 3 bites coleslaw D 31/2 Oz's turkey sausage with 1/2c cauliflower with cheese S Greek yogurt with nuts. See you tomorrow!