Protein Shakes

catalina07
on 8/18/14 5:29 am - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

I am going to have a revision from band to bypass soon. I know I have to start getting prepared with stocking up on some protein shakes. I DO remember it being very difficult to find any protein that I could stand the taste of. I was hoping someone here could give me some advice on the best tasting protein shakes or other ways of getting in lots of protein. 

Thanks

jazzycatz
on 8/18/14 6:19 am - Joppa, MD

Everyone has their favorite I don't think I can help you there. But I can direct you to 2 blogs if you are not currently familiar with them. Google Bariatric Foodie and Theworldaccordingtoeggface

They both have some great recipes to jazz up those protein shakes.

catalina07
on 8/18/14 11:46 pm - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

Thank You!

jefferytmc
on 8/19/14 12:14 am

I am not sure about the band, but my taste changed with the RNY.  The regular protein shakes became way too sweet.  I cannot even think about drinking one without gagging.

So I have one completely unopened 5lb chocolate powder and I have already given away the opened ones.

My point is, what you like the taste of pre-surgery may not be palatable post surgery.  So get some, but don't stock up.  Try lots of different types.

I personally use the Isopure ready made Gatorade type drinks.  They are sweeter than before, but not sickeningly sweet like the others became.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

HLen
on 8/19/14 4:12 am
RNY on 07/11/14

I agree that regular shakes are way too sweet now.   I can barely stomach them.  I like syntrax nectar shakes.  They are more like juice than those creamy sweet shakes.  I really water them down and they count as my fluid intake too. 

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

jaynes-jump
on 8/20/14 12:56 am

LOVE  "PREMIER  PROTEIN" shakes in  vanilla and strawberry! Can even add fruit to these. Chocolate is ok too. Find in Costco and Sam's Club or online.

catalina07
on 11/8/14 1:52 am - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

Thanks I am going to look for these

Revision: Band to Bypass - 11/20/14

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 353 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 254 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?