What's on the menu today, RNYers?

Louise1974
on 8/20/14 9:44 pm

Good morning!!!!!  Stress is overflowing at this moment.  I got back from vacation three days ago and now I am flying to a family wedding, with my two small children, and grumpy overtired husband, and EIGHT carry on bags and whatnot because we are trying to not pay for checked baggage.  STRESS.  I am trying to laugh.  I fear that food will be very tricky today.  The sorts of food I eat don't really pack and travel well (and I have no time to prepare and pack stuff) but I am going to make the best choices I can and if I end up eating almonds all day then I am just going to be okay with that.  Feeling deprived is a MASSIVE trigger for me so I think I will insist that when we get to Chicago we get thai food for dinner.  That way I can look forward to something really tasty.

B:  chia pudding

L:  leftover roast beef and green beans, I will throw it in a ziploc baggie and eat it as we wait for the plane.  I have seen weirder things in an airport!

S:  almonds on the plane

D:  panang curry with tofu and extra veggies, no rice

I feel good about this.  I need to just keep breathing and smiling and laughing.  That is my goal!!

karenp8
on 8/20/14 11:06 pm - Brighton, IL

You've got this Louise! You will do great and have a fun time too. Good morning everyone. Its preparing to be a hot one here in Illinois but Lily and I already did our 3.78 mile walk today and I will also do the bike for twenty minutes this afternoon. On track with vitamins and fluids so far and weight is at 120.8 today. Here is my food plan:B1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half cup of blueberries L 31/2 oz turkey sausage and 1/2 c fresh tomatoes S apple with peanut butter D 31/2 oz tilapia with some sweet potato fries(baked) S Greek yogurt with some mixed nuts. Hope you all have a great day full of good choices!

AnnyBananny
on 8/20/14 11:49 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14
On August 21, 2014 at 4:44 AM Pacific Time, Louise1974 wrote:

Good morning!!!!!  Stress is overflowing at this moment.  I got back from vacation three days ago and now I am flying to a family wedding, with my two small children, and grumpy overtired husband, and EIGHT carry on bags and whatnot because we are trying to not pay for checked baggage.  STRESS.  I am trying to laugh.  I fear that food will be very tricky today.  The sorts of food I eat don't really pack and travel well (and I have no time to prepare and pack stuff) but I am going to make the best choices I can and if I end up eating almonds all day then I am just going to be okay with that.  Feeling deprived is a MASSIVE trigger for me so I think I will insist that when we get to Chicago we get thai food for dinner.  That way I can look forward to something really tasty.

B:  chia pudding

L:  leftover roast beef and green beans, I will throw it in a ziploc baggie and eat it as we wait for the plane.  I have seen weirder things in an airport!

S:  almonds on the plane

D:  panang curry with tofu and extra veggies, no rice

I feel good about this.  I need to just keep breathing and smiling and laughing.  That is my goal!!

Well after my post yesterday, I went off the rails a little bit at the end of the day and had OREOS - oops. My calories were MUCH higher than I would have like - almost 1,200. I know in the grand scheme of things, one day isn't going to make or break anything - but I also know today I'll need to be much more vigilant about staying on plan. In my ever evolving chase for a more healthy relationship with food - I'm chalking this up to whatever and moving on and planning for today.

Time since surgery: 5 months

B: Quest Bar - Double Chocolate Chunk, I had a sample at the Vitamin Shoppe the other day, it was GOOOOOOD

S: ice coffee with 1T half and half AND a Chike AND 10 Honey Roasted Almonds if I need them

L: 2oz Boar's Head Ham, string cheese, roasted chickpeas

S: 1/2oz Fiber Gourmet thinables and a Laughing Cow Light Wedge

D: Mozzarella stuffed meatballs in sauce with some parmesan cheese

S: SkinnyPop!

TOTALS: Calories 898, Protein 87, Carbs 79, Fat 40

V/W: Started

E: lots of walking again today I'm sure

Another day, another opportunity to good choices. Have a good one all!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Dodgergirl27
on 8/21/14 2:11 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm sensing a theme on today's post :)  Louise hang in there, sounds like you've got a good plan and Thai food always makes me happy too (so many good WLS choices, it's staying away from the Pad Thai and pad see ew that's always the obstacle for me).  Karen, always impressed with your morning workouts, I'm continuing to follow in your footsteps.  JM killed me last night.  Anny, I think one of the most important things in this process to to pick ourselves up and limit one bad day/night/meal to just that.  Pre surgery one bad choice was always a snow ball effect for me.  I know now I won't always be perfect, but I can always make my next choice a good one.  By way of example, my calories were higher than normal last night as well (there were some animal cracker involved) and I was having a kind of down moment about it, but I had an epiphany and decided that I had the power to turn it around.  Got up this morning and started training for my first 5K.  It felt great.  Last night is just a memory but I've already started my day on the right foot.  I just have to constantly remind myself, I've got this :)

Time since surgery: 1 day from 7 months

B - Chike w/ unsweetened almond milk

L - TJ Mexicali salad

S - Sugar Snap Peas & Premier Protein shake

D - TJ Just Chicken

V/W - On track

E - Day 1 of Couch to 5K & 1 Hr of spinning

Have a great day everyone!

karenp8
on 8/21/14 4:54 am - Brighton, IL

Way to go DG on training for a 5k. I am signed up for one on October 4 and one on October 11. It is so fun to know that I can finish them well with no problem. After all that's less than I walk in a normal morning.

Dodgergirl27
on 8/21/14 5:05 am
RNY on 01/22/14

This is my first time training for one.  I'm signed up for the color run at the end of Oct and the Turkey Trot in my town on Thanksgiving.  I thought it would be very symbolic to wake up and run on Thanksgiving instead of wake up and eat :)....proof of the new me

Karen M.
on 8/21/14 6:51 am - Mississauga, Canada

Hello girls! As a long-time post-op I wanted to tell you all how impressed I am with your daily posting and planning. We have a "What are you eating/doing today" thread on my home board that I post on each and every day - I love seeing what others are eating (good ideas!), enjoying the camaraderie, and keeping myself accountable at the same time.

That said, if you wouldn't mind a new poster to your thread, I would like to join in here too :)

Today, I'll just copy and paste what I wrote on the other board. Tomorrow, I'll be more original. lol

Karen :)

From this morning:

Good morning!

Running out in a few to have coffee/breakfast with the author of the new book, "It's My Time", Karen Clouter. She recently launched her book that documents and reflects on her decision to have WLS and the outcomes thus far. http://www.karenclouter.com/index.html I always love meeting fellow-WLS peeps and I'm looking forward to chatting with her (and having a hopefully delicious breakfast lol). A few errands to run afterward, home for dinner.

8 years post-op

B - coffee with cream x quite a few, source greek 50

S - (what I think I will be eating) 2 eggs, 3 bacon, sliced tomatoes

L - just a Premier protein shake I think - I stay full a long while if I have a big breakfast

S - 3 oz tuna salad, 2 crackers, a couple carrot sticks for scooping

D - BBQ homemade burger all the fixings no bun, 1/2 cob of corn, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers

S - likely just decaf with cream

Have a fabulous day!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Dcgirl
on 8/21/14 7:03 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

It's so nice to know I am not alone...yesterday I was over on calories...every meal just had a few more than usual and viola, I'm at almost 1,200 calories.  I am working out but traveling = eating too many meals I don't prepare.  Sigh.

Like all y'all...today is better.

B: Chike shake, one coffee with sugar-free hazelnut creamer

L: 2 oz of chicken salad and some chia crisp things

S: Banana cream yogurt with almonds and chia seeds

S2: I may have some skinny pop!  About to go shopping and I am feeling snacky.

D: Mediterranean - chicken most likely with a side salad YUM

Totals around 1000 calories, 80 g protein, 65 g carbs

Today is a non-exercise day but back to the trail membership at the local gym tomorrow morning :)  Have a great evening, everyone!  Em