one day post op!!!

eseats
on 9/17/14 3:16 am - GA
RNY on 09/16/14

I had my surgery yesterday and is feeling only a little sore today. I have been able to drink without feeling sick. The only thing I can't tolerate is having to take my pills in crushed form. The taste of my blood pressure medication is too bitter. I tried mixing it with a little bit of my juice and that still upsets my stomach. Do anyone have any suggestions on how I would be able to tolerate that better.

##ProudMommyof3!!!!##

Han Shot First
on 9/17/14 3:26 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I just had my nutrition class last night, and the dietitian suggested mixing crushed pills with a little no sugar added applesauce.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

eseats
on 9/17/14 3:28 am - GA
RNY on 09/16/14

Ok thank you for your comment do you think I can do that on this liquid phase that I am on now.

##ProudMommyof3!!!!##

Jenn S.
on 9/17/14 4:15 am - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

It should be fine. You can use that or sugar free jello.

Momonamission
on 9/17/14 8:38 am - Charlotte, NC

YAY DAY ONE!!  Congratulations on a successful surgery.  I too loathe the idea of crushed tablets.  I don't think I will eat applesauce EVER again just from the thought of it.  However, the jello idea worked for me. give that a try. Later when you can have yogurt, that worked REALLY well for me.  A teaspoon of yogurt and meds.....goes down smoothly.  Best of luck to you ! :-)

InTransition
on 9/17/14 10:03 am
RNY on 09/08/14

Once you are allowed full liquids (probably tomorrow), have them mix it with sugar free chocolate pudding.  Should go down easier.

poet_kelly
on 9/17/14 10:06 am - OH

My suggestion is to call your surgeon in the morning and ask if it's really necessary to crush your pills.  The ASMBS says it's OK to swallow pills as soon as you are able to tolerate doing so and many post-ops are able to tolerate it right away.  I was swallowing pills whole about 12 hours after my surgery.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mcconnl3
on 9/17/14 10:06 am
VSG on 09/15/14

Congrats on your surgery! Mine was on Monday, I don't like crushed pills either. My nurse mixed my pill in a tiny bit of chocolate .   That worked really.  She said when I this at home to use unsweetened applesauce and to keep it to a teaspoon of applesauce. I was severely nauseated foe the first days. 

Chilipepper
on 9/17/14 12:00 pm

You should have no problem swallowing them. Call and confirm but most surgeons allow you to resume your meds the next day. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 76 views
Recent Topics