Calories/carbs 1 year out

NadiaM
on 11/15/14 1:02 pm

Hey guys!

So I'm 13 months out and down from 266 to 155. I'm 5'6 and would love to get down to 145 but have not been able to budge since august. I work out about 6 times a week doing spinning, bootcamp, trainer, cardio... I also eat healthy. Very barely any white carbs (maybe an English muffin or 2 a week and some crackers) but keep my carbs for fruits and oats.

My question is... How many calories should I be eating with a healthy lifestyle 13 months out. I feel like I can actually eat quite a bit of food, I just try to control myself cause I don't want to gain anything back to the point that I feel guilty when I skip a gym day. 

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. 

NadiaM
on 11/16/14 1:22 am

126 views and no reply? I'm just as stumped!

Laura in Texas
on 11/16/14 1:38 am

Do you track your food? If so, how many calories are you eating? If you are still hoping to lose you may need to cut back

We all seem to be different as far as how many calories we need to maintain. 1200-1600 a day seems to be about average. Some less than that, some more. Most of us do not factor exercise calories into the mix.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Dartmouth
on 11/16/14 5:54 am - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

I am stumped as well...I think this is a pretty important topic!

I can't help you as I am only 6 months out and am already worried about  maintenance...but then I guess I like to plan ahead!  And I was waiting to see what responses you had...

Maybe Sundays people are busy...try again maybe on Wednesday or Thursday....

joan

NYMom222
on 11/16/14 12:22 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I don't have an answer as I am only a few months out. can I suggest though that you visit the post that runs Monday to Friday listed as 'What's on your menu today RNYers?'. Most people post on there before noon, and there are several ladies who are about a year out. great suggestions and discussions and you can see what they are eating. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

White Dove
on 11/16/14 6:31 pm, edited 11/16/14 6:33 pm - Warren, OH

Your body has reached its stopping point as far as weight loss from the restriction and malabsorption.  For many people that magic number is 100 pounds.  Their body gets there and stops. 

The only way to continue to lose now is to learn to restrict calories.  That was a hard lesson for me to learn.  I had to learn to track everything I eat and drink.  If I want to lose a pound, then I have to cut out 500 calories every day for seven days.  At the end of the week, I might be one pound lighter.  I might be two pounds lighter or I might retain water and gain a pound.  I weigh daily and understand fluctuations.

As long as I continue to stay at 500 calories lower than my maintenance calories my body catches up and in ten weeks, I am ten pounds lighter.

My days of cutting calories and losing seven pounds a week will probably never come back.  I eat 1400 calories a day to maintain 136.  I have to cut to 900 a day to lose a pound a week.  Doing that for 10 weeks is hard.  Often I will cut to 1250 and settle for 1/2 pound a week. 

I don't restrict carbs, just calories.  Of course I concentrate on high protein, but I weigh and measure that protein so that I am not getting in more calories than I need.

A good way to find out what calories, carbs, fiber and fats you need to lose and to maintain is If It Fits Your Macros

A very simple way is to multiply your goal weight by 10.  Cutting to 1450 calories a day will get you to and keep you at 145 pounds as long as you stay consistent. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Jen Lyn
on 11/16/14 6:54 pm
RNY on 11/11/13

Saving this to print. Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics