Starbucks

NYMom222
on 11/29/14 3:10 am
RNY on 07/23/14

There maybe a little TMI here-so read no further if that bothers you. I was in Target taking advantage of their 40% off all Apparel. Decided to get a Peppermint Mocha at the Starbucks made with the SF Syrup. I've only had it once before with no problem. Well this time within 5 minutes i was running to the bathroom and dumping. Ugh...really pleasant in Target. Luckily I carry flushable wipes with me at all times, and my underwear was a mesh material so I was able to just rip it off and throw them in the trash without getting undressed. That being said I went back to the Starbucks, the girl insisted she used sugar free, but she did refund my money. Hmmmm... don't know how you double check these things but I will never take a coffee from them with out double checking as they make it that it is sugar free. Not pleasant. That being said 40% off sale runs until tonight, online too... so if you need some smaller clothes, go for it!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Monkeygrl14
on 11/29/14 5:11 am - Fresno, CA
RNY on 03/21/14

Oh dear lord lol! When I go to Starbucks they look at me funny because my order is kinda crazy. I have learned though that even if you use soy, it has some sugar in it and not all of the bases that they use to make drinks, like frappe chino, are entirely sugar free. Also, their whipped cream has milk and sugar in it and also the sprinkles that they use on it also contain sugar. I go for a sugar free, soy, decaf, caramel frapp with lite whip and no caramel sauce on top ( the sauces are NOT sugar free ) . If I try anything new, I take it home and try it. I have also located my blender and am making my own versions of protein shakes at home. Eggface has some great protein shake recipes on her site and also on pinterest.  Since the sale at Target is 40% off, get some cute new undies lol

NinaCanDOit
on 11/29/14 6:25 am
RNY on 06/27/14

OMG I'm so sorry that happened to you!  I know that they have a sf mocha syrup, but mine doesn't have a sf peppermint, so maybe one was sf and the other wasn't?  Either way ugh and I hope you are better.I know you have to be so careful at places like Starbucks, and I'm totally paranoid that the same thing will happen to me.  I'm ok with their soymilk and I usually bring my own stevia, but on rare occasion (like my free one) I'll get a decaf soy latte with sf mocha and sf vanilla - which is basically a grown up coffee hot chocolate. 

Thanks for the tip about Target!  I'm still shopping out of my closet, but I might venture out later and look around.

HW - 392 * CW - 200 * * * Lost - 192, To Goal - 40

"almost there,...keep going,...stay focused,...eyes on the prize" - the guy at my gym

GodsChildII
on 11/29/14 10:45 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

How dreadful! I am so sorry that happened to you. I am just three months out and I have not ventured beyound a tall drip with room for a few drops of half and half 

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 11/29/14 11:50 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

My standard Starbucks drink is a grande sugar free caramel latte, extra hot, made with 2% milk.  I don't do skim milk.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

NYMom222
on 11/29/14 11:38 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Thanks for all the replies. Really just posted it as a word of warning to becareful and to vent of course. 

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

CerealKiller Kat71
on 11/29/14 11:45 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I'm so sorry that happened to you.  Just so you know, a sugar free, skinny peppermint mocha has 17 g carbs with 13 g of sugar.    I only know that because I used to be an insulin dependent diabetic, and I had to bollus insulin if I drank one in the past.  Ugh. 

Thank goodness you'd medh undies on!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 217 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 305 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views