OMG! I Cheated!!.... Bad Girl!!!

Chilipepper
on 12/15/14 12:34 pm

You realize that what you "ate" is protein. Turkey and steak and a little veggie is ok.  Do you understand that each surgeon is different and they evaluate each patient and what they feel they need  for preop prep.  You can't compare you to anyone else.  Whether you drink your protien or eat your protein. It's protein...not carbs and fat. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

brandito
on 12/15/14 12:40 pm

Well thanks for that because I felt horrible guilt. Horrible!  My surgeon wanted two week liquid preop diet but I opted for proteins those three times. I tried to make the best possible situation when I could no longer fight the hunger and urge to eat!  I was convinced he would cut me open and not do the surgery because I had solid foods on three occasions. Luckily that wasn't the case!

RNY 11/18/14 5'4" HW: 255 SW: 236 CW: 190.8 GW: 125...although 140 may be more realistic...can't comprehend what's possible!

Pre-op -11.6 lbs, M1 -13.6 lbs, M2 -10 lbs, M3 -6.8 lbs, M4 -7.6 lbs, M5 -3.8, M6 -3.0, and counting!

C_Turner221
on 12/15/14 10:01 pm
RNY on 12/22/14

Awww! Thank you Love! I know hoe you feel, but I am confident that my last meal was exactly that. I am thankful that I am doing well thus far minus yesterday LOL! I am praying for continued success! 

I hope your are feeling good. I see your surgery was recent. I hope all is well! Muah!

Smile Life Looks Good on YOU!   Crystal    

Chilipepper
on 12/15/14 12:52 pm

It's not that it has to be solids.  It has to be protein and no to low carbs.  Years ago it was no carbs, but more recently they seem to be allowing some vegetables.  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

C_Turner221
on 12/15/14 10:06 pm
RNY on 12/22/14

Yeah ... I learned my lesson last night, because again it was fulfilling like I expected it to be. I ate half and was over it. So I totally understand. I am thankful that I am doing well overall.. Had a moment.. back to reality... 

As I think about it... Wasn't really worth it because I was not Overjoyed by my fav. But I am good. Back to reality. 

Thanks!

White Dove
on 12/15/14 1:15 pm - Warren, OH

Not everyone has the intelligence, tenacity and emotional fortitude to stick to their plan.  Just like in school, there are A students and F students, but mostly C students.  People are not bad because they get mediocre grades, they are usually just not gifted with the intelligence and self-discipline to do better.

You are not bad, just not a high achiever.  Post-op life is harder for people who have not made the commitment to follow the rules, to get to goal, and to stay at goal.  Gaining weight is like rolling downhill.  It is pretty effortless.  Losing weight is an uphill battle. 

Surgery is a great tool, but not a magic wand.  Keeping weight off will be a lifetime struggle.  There will always be delicious temptations.  Sticking to the task long term sounds easy, but just like any addict, drug abuser, alcoholic, or overeater success is overcoming your addictions one day at a time.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

C_Turner221
on 12/15/14 10:18 pm
RNY on 12/22/14

Well.... 

Throughout my life (scholastically and in all things), I attempt to over achieve. I always have. I am an over achiever which is primarily the reason for my post. I normally never fall prey to breaking rules and guidelines. Professionally, I promote improving quality of life and developing a plan of action for clients to make that happen. (Doc -Residency-2nd year) 

I understand the ramification of my decision, but it does not depict my futuristic outcome. I am truly focused on what is in store for me and how lifestyle change is a natural requirement of this decision to be healthier.

The key to breaking addictive habits is by developing a plan of action physically and mentally to improve your overall quality of life. Yes... Naturally you may fall short, but it doesn't dictate your ability to get back on track and be successful in the long run.

I am encouraged with my ability and I admire what you have done.

Thanks for your comment!

SkinnyScientist
on 12/16/14 5:21 am

You are right on WhiteDove

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Oxford Comma Hag
on 12/16/14 1:19 am

I don't have a dog in this fight, but you do seem pretty blithe about having cheated on your pre op diet. You are only cheating yourself.

Throughout your post op life, there will be lots of delicious food. As for a final meal, the reality is that after a year or so, there will be few things you won't be able to eat, so it comes down to good habits. Form good habits now, so they can carry you through the tough times.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

C_Turner221
on 12/16/14 3:05 am
RNY on 12/22/14

Well you have totally read too deep into my statement if you feel I am being "blithe"- I don't think anyone that signed up for this lifestyle change made 100% perfect decisions. I simply was expressing my fault and the error in my choice. Is that so wrong?..... Like shoot me. Geesh :( .... I am a CHEERFUL person... So don't think that my presentation of my post as callous to rules, because it isn't true. 

Out of some concern I did contact my doc's office and I am fine. 

Thanks for your posts!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views