Twisted Bowel

annalisa765
on 12/31/14 11:30 pm - Premont, TX

I had gastric bypass 12 years ago. They discovered on December 15th that I had a twisted bowel and had to repair it. I had not really been on a post surgery diet in years and don't really remember following anything after my first surgery 12 years ago. I am currently on stage 2 and experiencing lots of what feels like had pain. Had anyone been through any of this?

selhard
on 1/1/15 12:20 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Sorry to hear your holidays were interrupted :(   There is an icon in the upper-right hand corner of the computer screen that lets you search for twisted bowel conversations that may help in addition to replies you will get.  To help others, please answer the following:  1.  What were your symptoms?  2.  How long were you having symptoms before the twisted bowel was discovered?  3.  What might have caused the twisted bowel?  4.  Was constipation an issue for you?  5.  What had you wished you had done differently these past 12 years and/or what will you do differently now?  6.  Have you had any other complications, if yes, what?

annalisa765
on 1/1/15 3:31 am - Premont, TX

I had stomach burning for years and thought I had an ulcer. The doctor said this was caused by scar tissue from my gastric bypass growing around my intestines. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 46 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 294 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 299 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 339 views