Had RNY in March 2013. Anyone have joint pain?

Lori Risner
on 1/4/15 2:43 am - OR
RNY on 03/12/13

I had my surgery in March of 2013 and now my shoulders hurt and my hips hurt if i lift my leg to put my pants on. I know this sounds dumb. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Might not be related but wondering if I am lacking something. My start weight was 241 and now i am 142.

Blessings on your day!

White Dove
on 1/4/15 3:33 am - Warren, OH

Congratulations on your loss.  I doubt that the joint pain is connected to the surgery, weight loss usually lessens joint pain.  Definitely check with your doctor.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

sqlchick19
on 1/4/15 3:42 am
RNY on 12/15/14

Have you had your Vit D levels checked?  I had the same problem (long before surgery), went to Drs, chiropractors, had MRI and X-rays, massages....nothing helped and the Drs couldn't find a cause.

then I started seeing a nutritionist who ran a series of blood tests...and turns out my Vit D levels were very low...and I was highly sensitive to eggs (tested positive to IGG).  Once I started a D therapy and eliminated egg from my diet (I was eventually able to work back in, in small amts)...the hip pain completely went away.

Banded 12/18/08.  Band removed and revision to RNY on 12/15/14.

Lori Risner
on 1/4/15 11:01 am - OR
RNY on 03/12/13

Thank you both for your input. I figured i may be deficient somewhere... I live in Oregon where the sun is pretty scarce.  I will definitely get it checked.  Thanks so much! 

Blessings

Lori

Blessings on your day!

poet_kelly
on 1/4/15 1:10 pm - OH

Probably not related to WLS.  I have joint pain, I have osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia, but those weren't caused by WLS.

The only nutritional issue that I can think of that might be causing joint pain is very low vitamin D.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active