GASTRIC BYPASS TOMORROW!!!!!

MandyLeigh
on 1/5/15 4:04 pm

Hey everyone!!! Going in on Wednesday at 9 am for surgery! Surgery is at 11 am! 

I am FREAKING out a little bit...okay a lot haha 

Any advice? I am getting RNY. What was the pain like when you woke up? 

-Mandy Leigh :)

Elegantchic82
on 1/5/15 8:06 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Congrats to you!!  Its been one week yesterday I had rny, and all I can say i**** that pain med button cuz I woke up in pain, something about the left side is still painful! Don't get to comfortable cuz folks will be in and out of your room, also I was sick of ice chips lol, but when I git to liquids in the hospital I didnt want them and forced myself to sample eveything, and make sure your up walking itvreally does help!! Best of luck tp you and this journey!!

AngryViking
on 1/5/15 9:49 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Yay for you!  Um, it was pretty uncomfortable that first day or so, what with the gas pain and all, but it was nothing that couldn't be managed.  I think I took a few Percocet while I was in-house, but by the time I left I didn't need any pain killers at all.

You're gonna do great! 

Grim_Traveller
on 1/5/15 10:34 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Congratulations, and good luck. 

Follow your plan, don't worry about the scale. You'll do great.

Walk and sip. Walk and sip.

You'll feel like total crap at first. Every day will be a little better than the last.

Walk and sip.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

yankeescl
on 1/5/15 11:25 pm
RNY on 09/12/13

Best of luck!  It is an amazing journey! 

carimiller9173
on 1/5/15 11:28 pm - Wilmington, DE

Best of luck.  Sending big cyber hugs!!

Carrie

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/15 12:26 am

Best wishes to you.Congratulations.Walk and sip.You will do well.I felt pretty good after my surgery.I asked my doctor if he really did anything in there.

Abby M.
on 1/6/15 1:31 am
RNY on 12/08/14

The gas pain is the worst so yeah, hit your med button:-) 

walking did help a lot for me. I'm 4 weeks out and the residual pain in my abdomen (felt bruised or like I did too many sit ups) just kind of disappeared a few days ago but it is totally tolerable after that darn gas is gone!

best of luck! Take care!

Berryhoosier
on 1/6/15 2:00 am
RNY on 12/17/14

Hello.  I will be 3 weeks out on Wednesday.  I had a little pain when I woke up, but they immediately gave me a shot and I felt all better.  I asked for pain meds every time I felt a little twitch in the hospital.  So I stayed ahead of it, and it never got bad.  I don't remember this part, but apparently I was very flirty with my male nurse that day.  (I blame it on the drugs).

I had never had surgery before, so I can't compare.  But I can say it was much better than I expected.  At 3 weeks I have lost about 18 pounds since surgery. I left the hospital off my diabetes meds and my blood sugar levels have been good.   I already know that I would do it again in a heartbeaat!

Good luck tomorrow!

martitalinda
on 1/6/15 2:39 am

CONGRATS!!! on your upcoming big day.... best wishes for an uneventful surgery and a smooth transition.  Sooooooooooo happy for you!!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 256 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views