HI...Going to get my call for surgery any day now!

kim_pei
on 1/20/15 5:40 pm - Canada

I am as cranky as a bear lately.  Things have changed so much since I started this process.  I turned 50...started menopause...a big yeah about that yuck...and now the surgery is finally around the bend.  I find I am nervous, excited , scared....praying I can do it....you name it....just racing thoughts all the time.  For a year I have been so resolute and now all this mental warfare....is this normal?  Is this what others have felt before they go for surgery?  I feel like I am losing my mind after going through so much for so long to get here.  I need some support today.

Thanks...Kim

Cathy W.
on 1/20/15 8:43 pm

Everything you're experiencing is normal.  For me, it was an emotional roller coaster before and after my surgery.  After surgery, it is common as well. 

Hang in there and know that you are doing this for your health.  You're taking a step that will improve your health and your life. 

Take care and I hope you feel supported today. 

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

kim_pei
on 1/21/15 12:42 pm - Canada

Thank you Cathy...sometimes this journey feels like your going crazy all alone.  I appreciate what you said...nice to know I am not alone!

carimiller9173
on 1/20/15 9:28 pm - Wilmington, DE

Kim, sending big cyber hugs your way.

Carrie

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

kim_pei
on 1/21/15 12:43 pm - Canada

Thank you Cari....This has been a dream come true to get this done...so many feeling going through me now.  I know if I dont complete it I will regret it forever.  Thank you so much for your kind words

Cooter N.
on 1/20/15 9:51 pm

I have surgery scheduled for Feb.3 and feel the exact same way. I have been ready but when I finally got a date, i am anxious if I am making the right decision. I just take it day by day and stay on this forum for support. It does help alot. We have to support each other and the ones who have had surgery give alot of insite.

kim_pei
on 1/21/15 12:45 pm - Canada

Hi Susan...thats exactly how I feel....cant imagine when I get my date...I know one thing though...no matter what I feel I will go through with it...I wont let nerves ruin it.  Thank you so much.  And good luck with yours...let me know how you get along!

teach2
on 1/21/15 6:22 am
RNY on 12/23/14

I did the same thing. I had been sooooo excited the whole process. I had so much energy cuz I was on a pre surgery high!! The nurse called me two days before the surgery to check in and I was a basket case.... She said it's very normal.

Then, in the hospital, I did it again! The doctor said 'buyer's remorse' is very common at this stage. Wink!

Praying for you!

kim_pei
on 1/21/15 12:47 pm - Canada

Thanks Teach...I am sure what I am feeling is normal...I just dont like the way it feels lol....as I said in a previous post cant wait to see how I am feeling when I get the actual call with the date!  Thanks so much...you all made me feel a bit better just sharing it!  Awesome supportive people you all are!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 76 views
Recent Topics