Help me COFFEE!!

lumina99
on 1/22/15 9:30 pm - ME

Well i`m almost 2 years out and i`m in a pattern of drinking maybe 3-4 cups of coffee. My problem is i`m not getting enough liquids at all. I`m just not thirsty! Any ideas how to get better at drinking my liquids? Also, would this make me lightheaded? I know better, but I hate water. Also, since i`m not thirsty, I don`t even think of drinking..HELP!

Laura A.

poet_kelly
on 1/22/15 10:29 pm - OH

Just drink them. If you don't think of drinking, set an alarm or write yourself a note or something.  How do you remember to do other things in your life?  If you hate water, then drink something else.   And yes, being dehydrated can make you lightheaded.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/15 10:33 pm

Not drinking enough can make you lightheaded. Do you get hungry? One of the vets posted that before she allows herself to eat she has to drink at least 16 oz. of water.

Just for your health you should be drinking way more than you are now. Your skin will look better if you drink enough also. 

Give yourself goals. Say to yourself I am not allowed to have coffee till I drink 2 glasses of water even if you have to add crystal light to it. 

AshleyDillo
on 1/23/15 12:33 am - Tallahassee, FL

I do this.  Start my day with water..have to drink the entire bottle when I wake up before I can have coffee.  Then a bottle must be finished before I can have anything else food or drink.  So I am alternating plain water with my other beverages (coffee, tea and the occasional diet soda).

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

GodsChildII
on 1/22/15 10:47 pm - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

Have you tried crystal light and other non carbonated flavored waters? For me I have to drin**** cold water. It has to be ice cold and then I no problems getting my water in. How about decaf herbal teas?  

selhard
on 1/22/15 11:29 pm, edited 1/23/15 12:25 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I know a couple of people that hardly ever drink water but they haven't had WLS.  YOU HAVE !!.... here's some ideas to help you so we don't see you posting worse problems than light headedness like bowel obstruction. Maybe try getting creative with water drinking by adding flavor enhancers.  There's lots to pick from.  I like Crystal Light lemon; keep trying flavors til you find one that you fall in love with.  Drinking tea is more fun if you go to a tea shoppe and buy funky kinds with unique cups to drink from.  Re water bottles: I just bought one that comes with a holder in the middle of the bottle to add things like frozen berries, lemon, lime, or cucumber slices. If you are tech-savvy and want to track your hydration, grab it at GetHyApp.com.  Lastly, my biggest tip is setting a bottle of water by your bed.  When you wake up in the morning dry, water goes down rather effortlessly then.  I have developed this habit myself for two reasons:  finding it an easy time to meet my water goals and drinking lots of water in the a.m. hours seems to help prevent constipation.

lumina99
on 1/23/15 4:56 am - ME

Keeping the water bottle by my bed to drink in the morning is a great idea! I can do this!! Thank you!

Laura A.

hollykim
on 1/22/15 11:41 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 23, 2015 at 5:30 AM Pacific Time, lumina99 wrote:

Well i`m almost 2 years out and i`m in a pattern of drinking maybe 3-4 cups of coffee. My problem is i`m not getting enough liquids at all. I`m just not thirsty! Any ideas how to get better at drinking my liquids? Also, would this make me lightheaded? I know better, but I hate water. Also, since i`m not thirsty, I don`t even think of drinking..HELP!

make yourself drink 16 ounces of some other liquid before you allow yourself one cup of coffee. 

if you do that and considering that you probably drink 4 cups of coffee,that would be 64 ounces right there. 

Navychic
on 1/23/15 12:24 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Not speaking from experience but I read it somewhere and it seemed like a good idea, but set a recurring alarm on your phone for every fifteen minutes if you work at a desk and keep your glass of water there...

Good luck!!

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

HFA70
on 1/23/15 12:30 am

I have had problems getting my water in also.  I only drink decaf coffee and I won't eat until I've had a glass of water at meal or snack times and that has really helped.  I keep water with me pretty much at all times, either plain or flavoured.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 399 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 390 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 279 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 325 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 103 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?