If I Stop Posting......

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/20/15 3:45 pm - OH

Not every surgeon has a nutritionist on staff and some who do -- or *****fer people to the one on staff at the hopsital or somewhere -- know next to nothing about RNY post-op nutrition and vitamin supplementation!  

I had ONE follow-up with the nutritionist/dietician at the hospital and it was by phone because the one I was originally scheduled with had left and this other woman who called me was trying to cover all of the other person's appointments.  The info she gave me directly contradicted the info in my surgeon's packet (it seemed geared towards a diabetic diet) so I just continued following what my surgeon had provided.  She also indicated that Flintstones vitamins were better than nothing and seemed resigned to people just not taking appropriate vitamins! So instead of taking the time to explain what vitamin content people needed she would just tell them that anything was fine.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 2/23/15 11:07 pm

Wait until you are on the recieving end of Heidi's complete and utter nastiness. Live and let live indeed.

Poodlemac
on 2/23/15 11:10 pm, edited 2/23/15 11:11 pm
RNY on 09/26/14
On February 24, 2015 at 7:07 AM Pacific Time, RosyKate, Mistress at Arms wrote:

Wait until you are on the recieving end of Heidi's complete and utter nastiness. Live and let live indeed.

Then I'll block her too! ;-)

zero tolerance!!

Paul C.
on 2/23/15 11:45 pm - Cumming, GA

You have always been one of my Favorite posters on this site.

Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
SkinnyScientist
on 2/28/15 5:45 pm

I am not going to comment one way or another about Heidi's food and vitamin history because I can't recollect off-hand WHAT she does and I am too lazy to research it.

What I AM going to compliment/commend her for is keeping it real by posting the pictures of herself (i.e. with wigs) and disclosure about her plastic surgeries to recover/repair herself from Morbid obesity.

From a year and a half of observation, I have seen a few posts from patients who appear to be surprised/dismayed that they have hanging skin.  Some have even wished to be obese again because they thought they look better!  

This surprise/secret is kept that way by the diet and weight loss industry. For example, SHAPE magazine WANTED a woman who had lost 172 lbs to submit pictures of herself with clothes for her AFTER photos.  WHY!?!?!?  Shouldn't people know the TRUTH of what COULD happen with dramatic/significant weight loss and prepare themselves for it??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2622054/My-body-real-I-wont-feel-ashamed-Woman-28-lost-172-pounds-pulls-fitness-magazine-feature-told-cover-stomach.html

Heidi's pictures and stories show: 1) you may not get the FAIRYTALE ending that you hoped for but it STILL will be a GOOD ending  2) you can FIX the excess skin issue and 3) wigs are a viable alternative for those with thinning hair (I LOST A LOT OF HAIR after surgery and maybe I would have felt more secure about it if I had just saved for and bought a damn good wig that I could rock).

So Heidi-keep posting. I appreciate it!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

carlacc
on 3/19/15 12:31 pm - Walkerton, IN

full set  of labs every 3 mos. metabloic, and chem 21 every month. I live on a farm, and if I don't grow it , I don't eat it., all  grown without chemicals, and home canned .more nutritious than commercially processed.

Live Today, and Dream of Tomorrow

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 397 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 386 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 256 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 323 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 129 views