If I Stop Posting......

MyLady Heidi
on 2/22/15 12:54 pm

Then I am caving into the bullies, letting them win, letting them take control, I understand what it is like to be an outcast, an outsider, the person who doesn't fit in anywhere.  I don't post to be popular, I post to be real, to show where I came from and where I am.  If it offends anyone I post pictures of what my body looks like at 50 years old after nearly 10 years at goal, after a tummy tuck and an arm lift and a neck lift then I suggest you block me.  I post to help encourage people that it is possible, just like the pictures of the person I idolized when I was new.  I needed to believe, I wanted so badly to just look normal and have a normal body, which I have not completely repaired nor will I ever.  But I am proud of what I have done and what I have accomplished.  I don't need to brag or show off my pictures.  I don't need to post at all, I have a full time job and a very fulfilling hobby in nature photography, so its not like I have nothing better to do with my time then to come here and stir up ****  I do it because I actually care about people starting out and care about them seeing what is really possible.

And no need to reply, I won't look back at this post again. 

MickeyDee
on 2/22/15 3:46 pm

I hope you do see this:  you've always been a great example of someone who put their whole heart and soul into their journey, and a fun person to read.

You have always been upfront with your trials and tribulations, also, which I think is very important for newbies to see.  If it only keeps one person from making a misstep you might have made, it can be worth it.  None of us here (or anywhere) imperfect.  I know I'm not.

Enjoy your accomplishments and your current life.  Forget any naysayers.  Your life isn't theirs.  Isn't that something we all learn when we first start the wl journey--our journeys are all individua and what works for one person doesn't work for another.  

MickeyDee
on 2/22/15 3:49 pm

Sorry, that should have been "None of us here (or anywhere)are perfect."

Poodlemac
on 2/22/15 9:34 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

There are definitely bullies in this site, on every site. Block them. I did and my experience is much more enjoyable. I'm not here to argue with people, but I am here to learn and get encouragement from those willing to share. Your experience is as valid as any other. Don't go away or you let the meanies win!

molly3613
on 2/22/15 10:04 pm - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

I guess I missed the post that has upset you.  I dont check in every day like I used to.  But I want to say I have always enjoyed your posts and good solid advice.  There are some pretty harsh people on this site.  I just ignore them.  They must be pretty unhappy in their lives to strike out at others and try to make others unhappy too.  Please dont go away.  Keep posting.  I enjoy you tons and tons.  Right up there with Kelly and Grim and and ****ro and White Dove.  Keep hangin' Heidi.  👍

hollykim
on 2/23/15 9:57 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 23, 2015 at 6:04 AM Pacific Time, molly3613 wrote:

I guess I missed the post that has upset you.  I dont check in every day like I used to.  But I want to say I have always enjoyed your posts and good solid advice.  There are some pretty harsh people on this site.  I just ignore them.  They must be pretty unhappy in their lives to strike out at others and try to make others unhappy too.  Please dont go away.  Keep posting.  I enjoy you tons and tons.  Right up there with Kelly and Grim and and ****ro and White Dove.  Keep hangin' Heidi.  👍

"they must be pretty unhappy ...." I'm wondering why you think ppl who don't post the way you think they should must be unhappy. 

In my experience,ppl who are REAL and tell it like it is ,are some of the happiest ppl. 

Maybe you are the one who is unhappy...

karenp8
on 2/22/15 10:07 pm - Brighton, IL

Don't give in Heidi. I love to read your posts and hear your perspective on things. We are all different and have our own journey. What a boring world it would be if we were all exactly alike! Share away!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/22/15 11:04 pm, edited 2/23/15 1:53 am
RNY on 08/05/19

On February 22, 2015 at 8:54 PM Pacific Time, MyLady Heidi wrote:

Then I am caving into the bullies, letting them win, letting them take control, I understand what it is like to be an outcast, an outsider, the person who doesn't fit in anywhere.  I don't post to be popular, I post to be real, to show where I came from and where I am.  If it offends anyone I post pictures of what my body looks like at 50 years old after nearly 10 years at goal, after a tummy tuck and an arm lift and a neck lift then I suggest you block me.  I post to help encourage people that it is possible, just like the pictures of the person I idolized when I was new.  I needed to believe, I wanted so badly to just look normal and have a normal body, which I have not completely repaired nor will I ever.  But I am proud of what I have done and what I have accomplished.  I don't need to brag or show off my pictures.  I don't need to post at all, I have a full time job and a very fulfilling hobby in nature photography, so its not like I have nothing better to do with my time then to come here and stir up ****  I do it because I actually care about people starting out and care about them seeing what is really possible.

And no need to reply, I won't look back at this post again. 

You also post to encourage people to follow your unhealthy habits: eating one meal a day, not taking vitamins or getting enough protein,  drinking with meals, not having any lab work done, and ignoring doctors' orders when said lack of vitamins comes back to bite you in the anemic backside. Someone who claims to know more than her doctors, makes up her own rules, and has food issues should not be "idolized."

If you don't need to post and brag, which apparently people with no lives do, then why do your bikini pictures where you "can bounce a quarter off your tight, toned tummy" and "rock hard abs" (wonder how that happens with no exercise?) show up so often in completely unrelated discussion threads?

If you don't have time to stir up ****, why are you here playing the victim card?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/22/15 11:20 pm

Let's not forget her drinking with meals, and not denying herself any food, even if she knows she would get very sick-dump on it...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Needanewbeginning
on 2/23/15 12:06 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Exactly! 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views