Don't take your eyes off the prize for a second! Even if you are at/below goal! Honeymooner...

SkinnyScientist
on 3/1/15 7:30 am

Can you send me the recipe????

I just spiralized two zucchinis today for indian chicken!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Gypsyqueen5
on 3/1/15 10:04 am - Seattle, WA

I just break apart  the cauliflower put it in my NINJA and grind it up for a sec then I use saute garlic and onion. (however much or little you want) and maybe  butter or olive oil. Sometimes I make it like Chinese fried rice make it the same as the restaurants do  but it is cauliflower.  I make it if I am making  Indian Food also. Easy peasy. 

SeattleSeagirl

SkinnyScientist
on 3/1/15 12:11 pm

is the cauliflower cooked before you put it im the ninja or after?  Or is it raw?

Gypsyqueen5
on 3/1/15 12:32 pm - Seattle, WA

It is raw it cooks as you saute ,pan fry it. Tell me how you like it if you make it.

Janis

SeattleSeagirl

Cathy W.
on 2/27/15 8:00 am

Your below are great reminders for WLS vets; words of wisdom for pre-ops, 1-2 year post-ops.  

"So despite having the surgery, despite probably being in honeymoon phase, despite eating the right volume of food, despite it not even being junk food, we can still gain!  It can also take us "forever" to lose.

So in summary, keep your eyes on the prize no matter where you are in your weightloss journey.  Weight loss may not come "easy" after the honeymoon is over.

Weight gain and carb creep CAN happen with terrible results."

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

helenm71
on 3/1/15 1:55 am

I do have a question, I am 2 years out and I am up 15 lbs, I have lost 5 but I log my food everyday on lose it, why is it so hard for us to lose weight after RNY when I have friends on WW who eat more cals than I do. Is there a scientific reason? I get that the honey moon phase is the easiest but what changes, we are still eating low cal low carb when we are logging and "on program. is there something that physically happens to us?

helenm71
on 3/1/15 1:56 am

ALSO: if we were to "pretend" we didn't have RNY and go to weigh****chers and followed that plan to a Tee everyweek would we not lose?

SkinnyScientist
on 3/1/15 7:35 am

I dont know WHY that is.

One doctor hypothesized the villi in our intestines (which absorb calories) get more dense.

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/isrn/2013/943423/

Evaluation of Weight Loss Failure, Medical Outcomes, and Personal Experiences after Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass: A Critical Analysis

"However, Swedish investigators specifically looking for neurointestinal regulation one year after surgery discovered a reset of Ghrelin production back to preoperative levels [23]. Moreover, research in rodents has shown expansion of villous mass after gastric bypass and duodenal switch, thereby enhancing the intestinal resorption capacity [2425]. The adaptive capacity of the gut has also been shown in the clinic"

Humans are good starvers. If we werent, we wouldnt have taken over the world.

MyLady Heidi
on 3/2/15 5:24 am

I couldn't eat most of what you mentioned or I would be on a rollercoaster ride with my blood sugar all day, just eating and eating and eating.  Eating carbs, especially in the morning is purely diet suicide, there are no two ways around it.  As for honey, did you know that most honey in the US is tainted by Roundup, that the honeybees are bringing the killing agent back to their hives and we are now ingesting this toxic substance in honey.  Thanks Monsanto, the makes of agent orange for that.  I am very active in the anti GMO community and the fact our food supply is filled with poison is scary to me.  Organic, healthy, clean, non-toxic, clearly labeled non-gmo by an independent source is really the only way to eat now a days.  And yes it really is getting harder and harder to find food I find acceptable.  Do you know not even girl scout cookies are GMO free.  Thats sad and scary at the same time.

SkinnyScientist
on 3/2/15 11:52 pm

I agree! I did an experiment with myself about 4 times throughout grad school.  When I ate organic (i.e. the same usual things...just organic and/or farmers market version of..) I would lose 5 lbs in a week.

What killed me is I only made about 1K a month and paid 400 bucks for a ghetto apartment.  I just couldnt afford to eat organic.

I do worry about the obesegens in the environment. The effects of some chemicals are generational. You dont see it in the P1 generation. That is why toxicology studies use rats and follow them for 3 generations or more.

It is a weird weird world we live in.

Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 7 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 357 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 355 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?