Don't take your eyes off the prize for a second! Even if you are at/below goal! Honeymooner...

MyLady Heidi
on 3/3/15 12:16 am

All these autoimmune diseases on the rise, all these environmental factors are influencing a generation of youth.  I seriously doubt it matters anymore for me at my age, given my lifespan is probably only 10 more years, but growing up in Connecticut and seeing the effects of Pfizer on the environment, made me distrust chemical companies at a very early age and something I never outgrew.  I have always shied away from drugs or chemicals that I know of.  The problem with the GMO's is that we don't even know they are there and we are eating them, I look at it this way now, unless it is clearly labeled its probably in there.  All the major manufacturers are trying to keep profits high which means they turn to science to engineer solutions that are probably seriously harming the next generation, something other countries are banning and labeling and yet we are doing nothing to protect our citizens.  Money talks or in the this case money is keeping everything quiet.  Very sad.

siberiancat
on 3/3/15 2:09 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

Great posts.  I SO agree about "just eating REAL food", organic, non GMO, non processed food or fast food.

I just read a book by JJ Virgin - I think it was called "Sugar Impact Diet".  I read it because it divided carbs into low and moderate impact. Not just glycemic index but the glycemia load and how they are different.  I found it helpful - not as a "diet" book - but to help me be smarter in choosing carb choices.

Best wishes to all,

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

SkinnyScientist
on 3/3/15 3:24 am

I will take a look at it.

My groom has diabetes and I have PCOS. So carbs, gl and gi really matter to us.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

catalina07
on 3/3/15 9:45 pm - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

Just one thing to add on here...Isn't it so crazy how we can eat the wrong thing ONE TIME and gain 3 lbs by morning...and take 2 weeks of perfection to lose it! UGH, it shouldn't be this hard to be good! Losing weight is hard, even with a major surgery to help! (in my case, 2 of them).  Weight loss is such a huge commitment. I feel like I have to be completely obsessed with food in order to lose weight. The minute I stop paying attention...BAM! 5 lbs up!   It is really great that you are so aware of what is going on. That is probably the biggest part of this whole thing. Being aware, conscious and accountable. You are doing so great and thanks for the insightful posts!

Revision: Band to Bypass - 11/20/14

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 4 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 356 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 300 views