Drinking water

tracik3
on 3/4/15 9:41 pm

I have not had a surgery yet. Haven't quite decided.  But, yesterday I filled a jug with 64oz of water to try and drink it all. And dang that's a lot of water! I still have 12oz left this morning! I'm going to refill it today and try again.

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/15 11:11 pm

I feel if you really want something you can do it.

I never drank enough water before surgery. Now it is my normal to have water with me all the time. I drink before I will eat something so I know I start out with at least 20oz first thing in the morning. 

Cathy W.
on 3/4/15 11:25 pm

Water is important for anyone.  64 ounces is recommended for WLS'ers and non-WLS'ers.  

Try sipping throughout the day.  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

NYMom222
on 3/5/15 2:00 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I do the same thing , try to get 16oz in before I have my shake/breakfast in the morning. Then I make my protein drink at least 16oz even if I have to add extra water or milk. I am half way there for the day.  Lately then I fill a 24oz cup and drink that all afternoon - 3 more. then I only have one more cup of herbal tea before or after dinner. That is 64oz. Totally doable. If I miss a cup here or there I don't sweat it, just not on a regular basis. You can drink broth, crystal light, ice tea if that makes it easier.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 295 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?