Day 14 of Optifast and Surgery is Tomorrow...!!

Peppermint73
on 3/15/15 2:42 am - Canada

Hieeeee!! I am too pumped up right now. Yes because of my surgery but i think more because I don’t have to drink opifast anymore after today. Lol! My bag is almost packed just a few more things to put in. I am quite proud of myself for doing this and sticking to it. I must admit I did cheat once with a breakfast sausage link a week ago at my farewell brunch at my workplace. It sat in my stomach like piece of lead in my stomach. I didn’t do that again!  I’ve tried to lead my normal life these past 2 weeks by still going out to restaurants and attended 2 birthday parties and I didn’t cheat at them. Yaeee!  I feel like I know how a chain smoker feels wanting that next cigarette.

I’ve been on pinterest allot (#addicted to pinterest) and have found healthy alternatives to most of my favorite foods ie; Cheeseburger stuffed mushroom using ground turkey. It’s totally carb free low in calories. Or cauliflower crust pizza bites and mini pepper chicken nacho bites using yellow bell peppers in replace of nacho chips.  All these vegetables I love. I started at 262lbs and in total I am down 13lbs. I’ve noticed that my knees don’t hurt me like they use to anymore and I have a little more energy and some people have even commented that my face is looking more clear and brighter. I am very much looking forward to being on the losing bench soon.

tofa05
on 3/15/15 2:51 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Good luck to you I have one more week March 23 is my date I cant wait for it to come!!  I am going to check out pinterest for ideas never thought of that thanks 

karenp8
on 3/15/15 3:23 am - Brighton, IL

It makes me happy to see you so excited! I will be praying for a successful surgery,speedy recovery and amazing journey for you. You will truly be amazed at how far you can go! I went from about 270 initially to the 120 that I weigh today. No more knee and back pain and life is so much more fun! Congratulations on taking control of your health and beginning your journey!

mornings
on 3/15/15 4:38 am - Canada

wishing you all the best   your gonna do great   don't forget a extra pillow sometimes hospital pillows are few and far between loll

TimeForMe61
on 3/15/15 6:36 am - Lancaster, PA
RNY on 01/22/15

Good luck tomorrow!!  Praying for a fast, pain-free recovery!!  It sounds like you have the mindset to do this right!!

Emiepie
on 3/15/15 6:56 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Wishing you the best tomorrow!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Doingrightin2015
on 3/15/15 8:42 am
RNY on 03/10/15

Wishing you the best. I am day 5 post-op now.  My biggest c/o is I am just so tired. Guess it's just my time to catch up on my rest these two weeks I am off work. I am finding that each day I manage to stay up longer stints at a time. Hubby has been a wonderful house hubby taking care of himself and the fur babies this week.

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

LC727
on 3/15/15 10:15 am

good luck!!!!!!!!! I am next Monday the 23rd so am one week behind you. Pinterest is very good. Try searching bariatric as the key word and you will find many boards that are nice.

heather1963
on 3/15/15 3:12 pm

Good luck to you. I am next week also. Let us know how you are doing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 68 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 294 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views