Easter

khunton
on 4/4/15 9:54 am

Is anyone else having a hard time with Easter this weekend? I'm really struggling with not cramming all the candy in my mouth along with all the food my mom has started cooking.  Maybe it's just me because I'm barely shy of 2 weeks since my surgery but idk feeling a little down this weekend 

Moogum73104
on 4/4/15 9:59 am
RNY on 02/02/15 with

I am as well . You are not alone.  I am a little over 2 months out and my brain is wanting all the food.  I keep reminding my self why I did this and that I will not die if I don't eat all the bad stuff and my head hunger will pass.  I have slipped up a few times but I have won more than I have slipped up.  Little battles won will help you in your ultimate weight battle.  Hang in there!😊

Doingrightin2015
on 4/4/15 10:31 am
RNY on 03/10/15

I will be 4 weeks out on Tuesday. So far Easter candy is not bothering. I don't have the hunger so I guess this is why. I know I don't want to test anything to see if I have the dumping issue. So, that keeps me away from it. I am still on basically pureed foods. I have a small jar of ham babyfood and sweet potatoes and think I will have those tomorrow. We are meeting my husbands family for brunch at Cracker Barrel at 10 am and already decided I will just have soft eggs.

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

khunton
on 4/4/15 11:06 am

Baby food? That sounds awfully disgusting, is it as bad as it sounds?

Doingrightin2015
on 4/4/15 8:25 pm
RNY on 03/10/15

I thought at first no way was I going to eat baby food meats. But broke down and bought some. Turkey in Gravy, chicken in Gravy, beef in gravy and now the ham. So far I have had the turkey and the beef and with salt and pepper it was fine, tasted like Turkey and tasted like beef. So, I figure the ham has to be good too! I also had the banana's and they were ok, the sweet think just is not cutting it much with my taste buds right now....which is a good thing for me. I was a sweet-aholic prior to surgery!

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

helionoftroy
on 4/4/15 12:22 pm - Lexington, SC
RNY on 03/23/15

I have been creating new versions of old favorites and modifying them to fit my eating plan. I'm actually having fun creating recipes that I can eat and that are good enough for my family to enjoy. Of course mine will be blended up into mush but it will still taste good. Hang in there, we did this for a reason and the food we used to eat got us to this point.

As I was putting the baskets together for the kids I thought how horribly my body would react if I had even one bite of candy. No thanks!! I don't know if I dum*****t, and I don't want to find out. Plus, I'm way to early in my journey to sabotage all I went through. The occasional pain in my incisions reminds me how fresh this all is.  

Rjoy
on 4/4/15 12:55 pm

I'm still on full liquids and wishing for a hard boiled egg, but not going to try it.  I did the Easter baskets and candy for my kids but that's not too tempting, just wishing for an egg.  Lol

Grandmaneice
on 4/4/15 1:35 pm
RNY on 03/24/14

I was in the same boat a year ago, I had just had surgery to around Easter.  Seeing all the food and candy didn't bother me.  I tried to stay out of the kitchen, esp. When people were eating dessert.  I would then go clear the dishes. In did eat a little bit of ham and potatoes.  Now this year maybe a different story, but plan to only eat a little bit and no desserts.

sleevedin2014
on 4/4/15 2:39 pm

No. I'm about seven months out and maybe in the beginning had a difficult time with wanting sweets and candy.  It holds not much interest for me now.  I ate one cookie and one roll at Christmas, and that was the extent of my cheating.  However, the farther out one gets from surgery, after one is on solid food for a while, one can eat a bit more.  I was fine with eight hundred calories for the longest time.  Now, I don't feel quite so satisfied and feel a bit of hunger, but try to ignore it.  If I have ever overreached my calorie goal, I don't eat sweets.  I will eat yogurt or more protein.  FYI, with the sleeve, the farther out one gets, a tiny bit of hunger returns.  At least it did for me.  Not starving hunger, but please leave me alone because I will not eat another bite, very mild hunger. 

Eggface
on 4/4/15 2:58 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

My surgery was 2 weeks before the 4th of July (many moons ago now) and I remember ugly crying on my bed when I began to smell BBQ's in the neighborhood through the open windows... eating my carrots mashed with protein powder (kind of gross)... and you know I couldn't really complain in my mind because I asked for this... FAST FORWARD a year later I was over 100 pounds down, all of my health issues resolved, eating a sensible portion of BBQ, and loving life. Hang on because awesome days are ahead. Pop on a funny movie, go on a walk, visualize those chocolate easter eggs as Easter Bunny turds ;) 

Happy Easter & Speedy Healing.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 196 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 255 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views