What protein powder do you use?

khunton
on 4/10/15 12:36 am

i think I'm going to have a hard time getting my protein in. I've seen and heard where lots of people add unflavored protein powder to soups and yogurts etc. I was just wondering what was the best protein powder and cost. 

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/15 1:09 am - Canada

The only one that I have been able to use is the unflavoured Whey Protein powder available in bulk from the Bulk Food Store. You can buy just a little to try and see if you like it. Even though they call it unflavoured it still have a taste to it. I mix a tablespoon into strawberry yogurt. The yogurt flavour is strong enough to mask any of the protein powder taste. Chris

SkinnyScientist
on 4/10/15 1:31 am

cellulcor cinnamon. Tastes great in oatmeal and wiht milk for smoothie (i doctor the smoothie with some PB).  8 oz (I am 1.6 years post op) holds me for about 4-5 hours .

Usually only shake when super busy.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Connie H.
on 4/10/15 3:00 am

Hi,

I've tried tried 2 unflavored protein powders. One called Unjury and another called Isopure. They're both good, but I think I like Isopure a little better. With the Unjury, I can't really taste it, but I can smell it. With the Isopure, I can't taste or smell it. IMO, they are both better than the flavored powders. 

Hope that helps,

Connie

khunton
on 4/10/15 5:32 am

Where did you find the isopure? 

Racewalker48
on 4/10/15 5:52 am
RNY on 02/17/14

I use Isopure unflavored and Vanilla flavored and get it on Amazon.com

Connie H.
on 4/10/15 8:12 am

I get it from Amazon. 

HFA70
on 4/10/15 3:41 am

I use an unflavoured soy protein powder from Walmart. I pay about $25.00 (CA) I use it in my oatmeal in the morning.

For flavoured protein powders, I go to Popeye's.  They'll let you try flavours before purchasing them.

jackietex
on 4/10/15 10:09 am
I'm 3 years out, I don't know if that makes a difference. I use Jay Robb unflavored egg white protein powder and just add it to whatever I can throughout the day.

Lap RNY February 15, 2012
Starting weight 195 (ht. 4'10)
Surgery weight 178.5
Current weight 113

selhard
on 4/10/15 7:35 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

My post-op instructional packet said the preferred protein powder is 100% WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE.  The only product I've used that meets that criteria is the UNJURY brand.  Prices and flavors, including unflavored, can be found at www.unjury.com.  

Here's a question I've tried finding out on my own with no luck:   Is there anybody out there that has details about 100% whey protein isolate manufactured specifically for animal use?  Whey protein isolate for human use is about $30 per pound and I'm wondering what animal grade whey protein isolate costs per pound?

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 235 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics