I ate some bacon last night and I am still nauseous

Momma1991
on 4/16/15 8:13 pm - Hamilton, NJ
RNY on 04/08/13

Hello everyone,

Not sure what to do. I had some bacon last night and everything seemed fine until an hour later I started becoming very nauseous. I tried everything to get the bacon up and nothing is coming up. So I just went to bed. Woke up this morning still nauseous, Again I tried to bring it up, Nothing..... It's making me feel awful. I have even gone to the extent of making myself throw up but nothing comes out..... I don't know what else to do......

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/16/15 8:59 pm

Just try to drink warm tea. Digestive enzymes can help.  Bacon could also have been "bad" so you may got mild food poissening.   Or simply -you stimulated your liver, GB with the fat. Runs may follow. (I call that fat flushing)

Bacon is greasy, and it stimulated your liver. Liver had to work when we eat fat..the more fat in good - the worse it could affect us. Some fat could affect us worse than others. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Momma1991
on 4/16/15 9:31 pm - Hamilton, NJ
RNY on 04/08/13

Thank you for the reply. I think I might have gotten a bad batch of bacon. I am not sure what happened. But hopefully it leaves me alone........soon......

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/16/15 9:34 pm

Warm ginger tea was my to go drink during weeks when i would get nausea daily. 

Hope you feel better soon. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

aesposito
on 4/16/15 11:21 pm

Maybe a bad batch of bacon, or maybe gall bladder issues?

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Momma1991
on 4/17/15 3:19 am - Hamilton, NJ
RNY on 04/08/13

It's not gallbladder related as I don't have that anymore

momjan
on 4/17/15 1:55 pm - Canada

Gotta tell ya, for years after I had my GB taken out, I got the same, severe reactions to raw garlic that I did with a GB stuffed with stones (so many stones they were going into my liver).  So bacon many react this way for you, but then again, it could have just been 'one of those days' when bacon just wasn't going to work for you......

Ashley in Belgium
on 4/17/15 12:43 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Eating too much fat in one sitting makes me feel like death warmed over - nauseous, and sick and horrible.  It starts about 30 minutes after I eat and can last several hours.  It's not the same as when I dump on fruit sugars but it is not pleasant.  Peppermint tea helps.  MOM too to help it get out!

If you are still feeling sick that long after eating I think it may have been a bad batch and the fat.  A little goes a long with me.  You have my sympathies!

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Momma1991
on 4/17/15 3:20 am - Hamilton, NJ
RNY on 04/08/13

It was that bacon. I ended up getting sick and it was all bacon.....

siberiancat
on 4/21/15 1:23 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

I can't eat fatty foods without getting sick - like you described.  When I get sick from food (throwing u*****t) - I drink liquid protein drinks for the next 24 hours to give my "pouch" a rest.  I also learn from the experience and stay away from the food that made me sick.

I couldn't eat bacon for 5 years.  I've had 1 piece (well done crisp) on two occasions and not gotten sick - but I'm 6 years post RNY.  I ate it with eggs and 1/2 slice of toasted sour dough bread.

Best wishes,

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 286 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 256 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?