Sugar free treats

khunton
on 5/12/15 8:08 pm

I had surgery 3/23/15 and so far am doing fabulous!! I'm aware we can have sugar free Popsicles, but I really am not a popscile person. It's a texture thing. I don't like the texture of the wooden stick, and the ones I bought to try I don't actually like the texture of the popscile itself. Weird I know! I was wondering is anyone had tried maybe a sugar free sherbet or frozen yogurt? Or any other sugar free treats?

NYMom222
on 5/12/15 8:56 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I agree the wooden stick is weird. I found Popsicle a lifesaver before I was back to real food... my surgery was in the heat of the summer so it was my little bit of sanity... that being said, yes I see on here some people do eat Sugar free treats.... I've seen mentioned on the "What are you eating today?" post about Yasso bars and a few others that have some protein in them. They are still a treat though in my book, and I don't like having them in the house because for me I would then eat them everyday....  

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/12/15 9:58 pm - OH

You can buy plastic Popsicle molds and make your own using Crystal Light or whatever sugar free calorie free drink you like.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MickeyDee
on 5/13/15 12:07 am

Be careful about using "sugar-free" foods with sugar alcohols in them.  Sugar alcohols are anything like malitol, sorbitol, or other sweeteners ending in "ol".  These are known to cause gastric distress and make you give off gas that you can't blame on the dog.  People have been known to walk out of rooms when these bombs go off.  

IF this does occur, I strongly suggest Devrom, a chewable tab that I've found online which is a fecal deodorant.  I chew 3 or 4 at a time and it really helps.  It doesn't stop formation of gas, but does take the horrible odor out of it.

I haven't tried Beano, but from what I've read it will stop gas formation, which is a blessing itself.

Eggface
on 5/13/15 3:48 am - Sunny Southern, CA

You can make your own protein ice cream (basically a shake tossed in an ice cream maker) http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2014/05/eggfa ce-protein-ice-cream-recipes.html

I make it several times a week in the summer.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

White Dove
on 5/13/15 4:40 am - Warren, OH

I used an ice cream maker and made sorbets from Crystal Light. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kathyjs
on 5/13/15 8:01 am

The word 'treat' is red flag to me . Other posters had awesome suggestions

selhard
on 5/13/15 12:24 pm, edited 5/13/15 1:43 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

The word "candy" is another red flag.  For example, I bought a "candy treat" to eat after an intense exercise.  Well, an intense exercise is what the front of the package says when to eat them.  I skipped the intense exercise part (yet another red flag).  Jelly Belly makes Sport Beans Protein Recovery Crisps.  They look like malted milk balls but are made out of crispy pea protein centers covered in a whey protein coating.  The 1.5 ounce bag has 12 grams of protein, 16 grams sugar, 190 calories.  They can be found at SportBeans.com and would probably get a thumbs down but fun to try.