No More Pureed! On To Soft Food!!

caliannie
on 5/15/15 8:58 pm - CA
RNY on 04/14/15

I had my 1 month post-op appointment today and very happy with my progress as was my surgeon. He was expecting 20lbs the first month but I'm down 31lbs. He was grinning and so was I. We set a goal weight today 134 lbs. I'm going to work hard to get there. It is the mid range for my BMI. I was going to work toward 145lbs which is at the upper BMI range. If I'm in the mid-range then I have room for the dreaded bounce back. I wouldn't mind having a 10lb window to figure out where my body is going to reset itself. I updated my tracker with the numbers from my chart. My scale at home is off only about a pound or two so I can still get a sense of my progress.

I also met with the nutritionist today and so happy I get to advance to soft food. Still need to wait a week or so before adding pork and beef but I can actually have the same thing I cook for my husband now. I have to work on getting my water up to 64oz at about 40oz now which is twice what I was able to do just a week or so ago. Protein in the 60-65gram range. I've been around 50grams including a protein drink. Now that I have targets to shoot for I can plan high protein meals to make sure I'm up in the 60+ range.

The best news (besides 31lbs gone) I am good to go as far as exercise. It's been 4+ years since I worked out regularly and I really do kind of miss it. I'm ready to get back to it and start living a healthier lifestyle.

NSVs:

1. I can see the bones in my feet and hands again.
  2. My face is my face again, no longer the round face of a stranger.
  3. My husband started playing racquetball again after 30 years. Knowing that I am making big changes has motivated him to be healthier also.
  4. The pants I bought just before surgery because nothing fit don't fit anymore. I pulled them off without unbuttoning them.

I live about an hour away from my surgeon so my nutritionist asked if I had a support group close to home. I told her I planned to attend the monthly meeting the program has and I mentioned how supportive and helpful OH has been. I truly think I would have had a harder time had I not come here and got a sense of what to expect.

Carpe Diem!

Height: 5'5"  HW: 237 SW: 237 CW:138 GW: 134   M1: -31  M2: -14  M3:-12  M4: -10  M5: -10  M6: -5 M7: -4 M8: -5 M9: -5 M10: -2 M11: M12: -1

killinmesmalls77
on 5/16/15 6:55 am - MN
RNY on 05/07/15

Way to Go!!

HW: 276 SW: 254.1 GW: 125 CW: 154.5