Fell of the wagon :(

khunton
on 5/16/15 10:57 am

So I ate a bad lunch today. It was my fault and I made poor choices. I am almost 2 months out from my surgery date and went to lunch and a movie with a friend to see pitch perfect 2. (It was one of the theaters where they serve you food at your seat.) I ordered a chicken philly cheesteak, however I did not eat the bread. Just the meat, cheese and veggies. Is it normal to have a break down or two? Will this screw me up and expand my pouch? My biggest fear is the surgery becoming a failure and having my pouch expand. 

Doingrightin2015
on 5/16/15 11:00 am
RNY on 03/10/15

Ok, so 1. You didn't eat the bread. 2. you ate the chicken cheese and veggies.

So what is bad about that? Chicken=protein, cheese=protein.

How much could you have ate?

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

khunton
on 5/16/15 11:16 am

I guess you have a point, it was my first time eating out since the surgery so maybe there was just more guilt about not cooking and eating at home than anything else 

cspotrun
on 5/16/15 2:42 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Are you concerned your portion was too big?  When I eat out and can't measure, before I start eating I portion out a size that is about the size of the palm of my hand (less at 2 months out though) and just eat that.  It's helpful at times like that. I thought you were going to say you had popcorn and gummy bears or something!  

Karen   

khunton
on 5/16/15 5:18 pm

I was really tempted to have popcorn, my neighbor had it and it smelled delicious!

cspotrun
on 5/16/15 7:33 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

well great job!  it's a little early for popcorn.  honestly your choice wasn't that bad, depending on the portion.  and this is all a learning process. just keep at it, you'll get the hang of it!

Karen   

The Salty Hag
on 5/16/15 7:41 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

You didn't do anything bad, in my opinion. You didn't eat bread, that's GREAT! You resisted popcorn..also great! 

I've been in similar situations where I also ordered a sandwich, but left the bread alone and just ate the meat. 

It takes a lot of food over a long period of time to expand a pouch too much. You do know your pouch will stretch over time, right? It's designed to do that to some degree. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

karin602
on 5/17/15 11:03 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

I think at some time we all have a slip. In the scheme of things yours was not so bad. Meat and veggies are good. May have a bit of extra fat but nowhere near what the buttered popcorn would have had. Just get back to work! It can be a bit hard to make perfect choices when eating out. I ask for a box when ordering and fill it when the food comes so I can't pick.  That would be a bit hard though in a movie theater. I've never been to one that served meals. Anyway hope you enjoyed the movie.

Karin