Grocery lists

khunton
on 6/9/15 1:39 pm

I was wondering if some of you maybe would post an example of your grocery lists. I'm looking for new ideas or recipes. I'm 2 1/2 months out and starting to get sick of grilled chicken and turkey patties. Thanks for the help !

Emiepie
on 6/9/15 1:49 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Light and fit greek yogurt is a must have for me weekly still. At 2 1/2 months I would get cottage cheese, deli meats, string cheese, eggs, and yes lots of chicken. I would have a smoothie occasionally as well. Once I could have nuts I started buying the Oscar Mayer P3 packs- which if you haven't seen them they consist of 3 sections-a meat, cheese and nuts and usually have around 13 grams protein and 170 cals. Good luck on finding some new options.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

khunton
on 6/9/15 1:52 pm

Thanks for the help!

Corrie33
on 6/9/15 2:19 pm
RNY on 02/09/15

Some of my favorite finds are:  Quest Protein Bars, Butterball Smoked Turkey Snack Sticks, Thin Addictive Crackers (Pistachio), Laughing Cow Lite Cheese Spread, Babybell Lite Cheese, L&F Yogurt, Walden Farms Calorie Free Syrups (to liven up the protein drinks), and I just recently learned about the Oscar Meyer P3 Packs (LOVE them!), PB3 (powdered peanut butter)...

By the way... I discovered each of these items by reading the daily menu posts here from Angry Viking.  They have excellent ideas in them.  Stuff I'd never heard of, but can't live without now.  

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

NinaCanDOit
on 6/9/15 4:17 pm
RNY on 06/27/14

My weekly staples are things like soy milk, sf popsicles, deli mea****er, decaf coffee/tea, HEB (store brand) greek yogurt 100s and fage 2% yogurt (which I flavor).  Every couple of weeks I pick up proteins like organic chicken, turkey, gf ground beef, gf steaks, fish and shrimp - which I then quickly portion out for myself (2/3oz servings) and freeze.  Having things pre-portioned makes cooking dinner a snap. I pull out what I'm having for dinner in the morning before work and leave it in the fridge or start marinating it the night before.  Small portions thaw and cook up quickly, too (whether grilling, baking or cooking). 

I tend to buy snack things like almonds, pistachios, beef jerky, pickles and even dark chocolate once or twice a month and then also portion them out into small servings (I bought these handy little bags for the 1oz of nuts and jerky).  Lastly, I gave up on fresh produce and just buy organic frozen because I never eat it in time. 

HW - 392 * CW - 200 * * * Lost - 192, To Goal - 40

"almost there,...keep going,...stay focused,...eyes on the prize" - the guy at my gym

Kathyjs
on 6/9/15 9:47 pm

Ultra thin cheese slices, lite peach yougurt, baby bell cheese. I also liked gerber baby food early out. Sugar free strawberry jello with mashed strawberries. 12 grain bread. I still eat half slice with mild guacamole . Eggs of course. Tuna, salmon, I really like crush sf grape powder to add to my water. Really cheap and good. Skim milk

notessss
on 6/10/15 12:16 pm - NJ
RNY on 01/08/15

Turkey meatball, low sugar tomato sauce and a dollop of ricotta cheese. No pasta lasagne! (2-3 oz of meatball, 2 oz of sauce, 1 oz of ricotta.)

Sargento ultra thin cheese, cut into 4 smaller squares, place on parchment paper on cookie sheet at 250 for 20-35 minutes until they start to brown. Makes crisp no carb crackers. Dip in low sugar salsa. Oh yeah! (also, I don't need 100 of them to fill up. Usually eat about 10-15 and feel quite satisfied.)

HW=375   SW=324   CW=205  GW=195  

6'2"