What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 6/17/15 5:06 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Happy Wednesday, folks!  Did I tell you guys I signed up for a 5K?  It's not until September, so I figure I've got time to prep, but it's a Color Me Rad run, so I'm super psyched.  A bunch of girls from work put together a team and we're all doing it together.  I've been inspired by mamata2, but on a much smaller scale.  I don't see any triathlons in my future.  LMAO

Remember when I said I had crazy insect bites from the cookout on Saturday?  Well, one of them is on my knee, even though I was wearing long pants, so that's weird.  I appear to be having some kind of allergic reaction to this one because what started out as a small rash is now spreading and it hurts a little and is warm to the touch.  Which sucks, because now I think I need to go to the doctor to rule out youknowwhat and I don't feel like paying a copay.  I'm so cheap!  LOL

Which leads to my question of the day!  Are you allergic to anything?  Aside from this random rash, which may or may not be a reaction, I'm allergic to aspirin.  That's it. 

Time since surgery:  11 months today!

B:  coffee and a tropical fruit Yoplait Greek yogurt

S:  celery sticks w/a pepper jack Laughing Cow wedge and a HB egg

L:  Buffalo chicken salad, pork rinds and a cheese stick 

D:  burger on the grill, some steamed green beans and a pickle

TOTALS:  Cals:  860  Protein:  85  Carbs:  37  Fat:  43

NEXT!

AnnyBananny
on 6/17/15 5:40 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Color Me Rad Run?! That's awesome. I feel like everyone in the world is doing color runs and it *almost* makes me want to - but then I remember I hate running. I swear, when I was internet dating, every other person had a picture from a color run!

As for allergies...just sulpha (sulfa?) drugs - I blow up like a balloon! Granted, this hasn't happened since about 3 grade, but I'm not taking any chances, thank you very much.

The weather has finally broken here, for a bit at least. AND I'm super excited because this morning I'm headed to a local "pleasure garden" with my children's librarian for a special storytime on the road, so I'll even get to ENJOY some of this beautiful weather. Sometimes it's good to be the boss.

Time since surgery: 15 months

B: omelet made with eggbeaters, turkey sausage, and goat cheese - a Chobani tube

S: coffee, almonds

L: cottage cheese, string cheese, granola thin

S: turkey sticks and a Babybel light

.....this is where my menu stops, I'm meeting colleagues from my old library for dinner so I'm not sure what it'll be!

TOTALS: Calories 770, Protein 58, Carbs 40, Fat 46

V/W: started

E: this was supposed to be a spinning morning, but I woke up SO sore from last night's BodyPump that I literally could not make myself go, so I made today my rest day and Friday will now be an on day - plus Day 3 of the Arm Challenge!

Last night I downloaded the PopSugar Active App and it's pretty cool. I posted last week about my new obsession with their printable workouts and I finally thought to see if they have an app! Anyway, smartphone users, I recommend downloading it. There are workouts - some are even videos - and challenges and good tips.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Emiepie
on 6/17/15 7:06 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Totally going to check out Popsugar!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

melissasue1982
on 6/17/15 7:07 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I just downloaded the app!!  Thanks for the tip :)  I cant afford the gym, and honestly with 4 kids and a full time job the only time I could go would be like midnight....lol  NOT going to happen!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

phibbmom
on 6/17/15 6:10 am

Good morning!  I hope that your rash is easily treated and goes away quickly AV.  I had a reaction like that as a kid to a spider bite on my back.  My mom said it looked like a melon.  Ah and the running . . . I had dreams in my head of doing a run after my jog the other night, but I was so sore the next morning I could barely walk from my little 5 minutes of jogging.  Maybe it will take another 8 months

Time since surgery:  8 mos

B:  Light & Fit, slivered almonds

S:  mini babybel

L:  Carolina BBQ & cole slaw with some girlfriends

D:  Chicken, veggies

S:  Turkey bites

V/W:  Started

E:  Not sure how/what I'll be doing today.

Anny have a good time on your outing today!  The weather looks amazing here too!

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

Capogirl
on 6/17/15 6:17 am

AV get that bite looked at; it could be a tic bite.   My menu today is full liquids i cant even get much down.  Very sore  and stiff today.  

enu 

mamata2
on 6/17/15 6:49 am

YAY AV!!  You'll be triing in no time ;)  I'll even come out to New York to do one with you next year if you want to give it go.  I LOVE Trications!  Please get the bug bite looked at.  My daughter had what looked like a bug bite and it ended up being a staff infection.  When it comes to your health and safety you really shouldn't be cheap ;)

Allergies... I have a very random one.  I am allergic to one of the non-active ingredients in OTC yeast infection creams.  It really really sucked learning this bit of info.  I can take the pill but the creams are a no go.  I'm also allergic to morphine and hydrocodone.  I'm fine with oxycodone but I have to be super careful with other narcotics.  

Time since surgery: 11+ months

B: SF Latte and Coffee

S: Luna Protein Bar

L: 1/2 cup clack beans, shredded cheese and a low carb tortilla

S: Korean BBQ Pork Jerky

D: Tacos!

Post workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

S: Outshine No Sugar Added popsicle

W/V: Started

E: 3 mile run 

Totals: Calories 1027, Protein 90, Carbs 112, Fat 35

Have a great day all!

melissasue1982
on 6/17/15 7:00 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I had signed up for a color run, then my RNY surgery was pushed back, so it was only like a week after my surgery.  Needless to say, I didnt do it! LOL

I am allergic to Latex!  So much fun when people are forever offering my kids latex balloons when we go places!  LOL

10 weeks since surgery

B: 3/4c skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax vanilla bean torte

L: 1 romaine leaf, 1 oz roasted chicken breast (deli), 1 oz RF mozz cheese, 1 tbsp light ranch dressing

S: Dannon L&F greek yogurt

D: 1.5 oz chicken breast (if it goes down ok), with 1 tbsp light ranch dressing

Totals: Cals: 545  Protein: 73  Carbs: 24  Fat: 17

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Emiepie
on 6/17/15 7:04 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! That's awesome that you signed up-I have heard those runs are FUN. Hope you feel better soon, but yeah I think it's best to get in to your doc just to make sure all is ok. I don't think I am allergic to anything :)

Time since surgery: 10 months

B: SF latte, egg beater scramble, fruit (peach and apple) 

S: Cinnamon raisin thin addictives and a laughing cow cheese wedge

L: P3 Turkey pack, a hard boiled egg and handful of trailmix

S: L&F Greek Strawberry yogurt with a handful of granola

D: Flat out pizza (I was not a fan of the portabella mushroom!) salad and froyo

E: ½ hour stationary stepper

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1237 Protein: 88 Carbs: 127 Fat: 45

Hope there are good days all around!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/15 7:10 am

Good morning. AV get that bug bite checked out. I hate to be a Debbie Downer but you should have it looked so it's not an infection. I am allergic to shell fish. Not a major one I still can eat it. I just have to watch.

B:Egg whites with ham and cheese

L:Not sure

D:Dentist appointment and getting a crown so I am not sure what I will be eating for dinner. Something soft I think

S:Yogurt string cheese

Vitamins are in water is going down. 

Have a great day

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 367 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 246 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 151 views