Getting Real, Uno Momento...

Jaime M.
on 6/19/15 11:34 pm
RNY on 08/31/15

Ok, test review appointment with the surgeon is this week coming up on 6/25/15.  I'm nervous and excited and all the other myriad emotions are swinging me along in their emotional wake.  

At this appointment I'm hoping they will give me a range of when to expect a surgery date as well as my pre-surgery diet.   I had a scare over the weekend, thinking it was gall bladder issues, turns out just a kidney stone.  YEAH!!

Anyone willing to take the ride with me at the same time...??

sheatsy1980
on 6/20/15 6:30 am
RNY on 07/17/15

I have my surgery on 7/17/15 and this is sinking in and getting real.  I feel all the same emotions you are talking about.  I have preop appointment on 7/7/15 and my last appointment with my dr on 6/29/15.  This is all so real and so close that I don't know how to feel.  I wish you the best of luck and I am here if you need a surgery buddy

Stacy C.
on 6/23/15 12:50 pm

So excited for the both of you! I remember those feelings well. Best of luck to you! The liquid diet sucks but just remind yourself that it is not forever!

Jaime M.
on 6/23/15 1:28 pm
RNY on 08/31/15

Ok so today when I logged into my electronic health record (aka MyChart) it showed TWO appointments, one with the surgeon and one with the registered dietitian.  This is getting so real and I couldn't be more excited.  It feels like it has taken forever to get to this point but I am finally here.  Such a long journey, through lap band, lap band eroded, removed, appendix out, c/section for my baby.  All of those things had emotional highs and lows and sometimes its hard not to let it get the best of you.  But I know, from reading everyone's inspirational stories that a)I'm not alone and b)it does get better and c)this is totally doable.  

Oh, I also found a counselor who I've started with so I feel like I'm in a good place.  RNY here I come!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 236 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 266 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 312 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 269 views