89 lbs down and I'm in pain

sqlchick19
on 6/22/15 3:33 am
RNY on 12/15/14

Am I the only human out there who loses 89 lbs, and feels worse than before the weight loss??

After multiple blood work ups and doctor visits, I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia by a Rheumotologist.  (My vitamin and protein levels are perfect, I tested negative to all the auto-immune diseases).  

My dr wanted to put me on anti-inflammatories (which I can't take obviously, and  fibro meds that have a side effect of "weight gain."

Too much cardio/yoga/Pilates makes it worse.  Light weight resistance gives me some relief for about an hour.   So I'm left with nothing to take and in constant chronic pain all over my body.

Im 6 months out, 45 yrs old, 89 lbs down.

Has anyone else developed this issue post-surgery?  Any suggestions for relief?

Banded 12/18/08.  Band removed and revision to RNY on 12/15/14.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/22/15 4:16 am

Google SIBO and fibromyalgia... There is a very strong connection. 

Not many docs are aware. But post op RNY we are prone to SIBO.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

helionoftroy
on 6/22/15 5:40 am - Lexington, SC
RNY on 03/23/15

Try massage therapy. I work on a lot of people with fibromyalgia and it helps. 

SkinnyScientist
on 6/22/15 9:36 am

I dont know how opiates work for fibro pain.  Then there is that addiction aspect.

How about heating pads and long hot soaks in a bathtub?

Would something like Lyrica help you?

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

SkinnyScientist
on 6/22/15 9:38 am

is this joint pain, fascia pain, or muscle pain.

If it is a fascia pain (a tissue beneath your skin), foam rollering is really supposed to help with that pain.

I am so sorry this happening to you! It is so unfair that you have had the surgery, worked so hard, and lost so much to have decreased vitality! That isnt supposed to happen!

:(

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Kathyjs
on 6/22/15 1:59 pm

My SIL told me this and I actually did laugh out loud thinking it was the silliest thing I had ever heard. My neck hurt so bad for weeks, could hardly move it from side to side , she told me to put a bar of soap between my sheets. So I put a well used bar under my neck and fell asleep. I woke up and the pain was gone. Makes no sense but it worked. I googled this and others had the same reaction. SIL has fibro so has 12 little hotel size ones in her bed and takes nothing for pain. Just tossing this out there 

sqlchick19
on 6/22/15 2:21 pm
RNY on 12/15/14

So if it's neck pain do you put in your pillowcase?  Do you put under your bottom sheet???  I'll try anything.

Banded 12/18/08.  Band removed and revision to RNY on 12/15/14.

crqvingchange
on 6/22/15 6:01 pm

My local recreational center has a warm pool that offers fibro exercise classes.  Maybe there is something similar near you.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Kathyjs
on 6/22/15 6:26 pm

I actually put it directly on the back of my neck. Still think it's silly but honest to God it worked

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 345 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 218 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views
Recent Topics