3 years out weight gain

AngelNichole
on 6/22/15 7:30 am - OH
RNY on 02/21/12

I had my surgery 3 years ago the first year was great second year was good I had lost 150lbs but in the past 5 months I have had a hysterectomy and have gained like 70 lbs I have no energy at all I take all my vitamins still only drink water don't drink when eating and sti eat pretty healthy . I dont workout because I have no energy and I started drinking wine a few  months ago which I know isn't good but I'm getting depressed about the weight gain and can't seam to get my self back on track ..I need help anyone have any ideas to help me get back on track

jenorama
on 6/22/15 7:36 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Cut out the wine, measure your portions and remember lean, dense protein first. 😃 You can do it!

Jen

The Salty Hag
on 6/22/15 12:37 am, edited 6/22/15 12:38 am
RNY on 05/20/13
On June 22, 2015 at 7:30 AM Pacific Time, AngelNichole wrote:

I had my surgery 3 years ago the first year was great second year was good I had lost 150lbs but in the past 5 months I have had a hysterectomy and have gained like 70 lbs I have no energy at all I take all my vitamins still only drink water don't drink when eating and sti eat pretty healthy . I dont workout because I have no energy and I started drinking wine a few  months ago which I know isn't good but I'm getting depressed about the weight gain and can't seam to get my self back on track ..I need help anyone have any ideas to help me get back on track

This may come off seeming flippant, but it's not meant to be...

Cut out the wine, see a therapist and talk about getting on anti-depressants if you're not already, and go back to basics with your food; protein forward, weigh or measure everything, track all food and drink, get carbs from veggies ( and dairy if you are able to ), and cut out any processed, junky-type foods...even if they are so-called "diet" foods. 

I honestly wouldn't worry about formal exercise at this point, but trying to be more active isn't a bad thing either. 

It's lot of work, but it can be done. 

Edited for typos. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

AngelNichole
on 6/22/15 8:01 am - OH
RNY on 02/21/12

I have an appointment with a pcp in July I'm going to talk to him about anti depressants and I know I need to stop drinking I'm working on it I just got a fit bit so I'm starting to log all my activities and food and calories so hopefully by next Jan I will be where I want to be with my weight I need to get my vitamins levels checked haven't had them done sine 2012 6 months post op 

The Salty Hag
on 6/22/15 12:18 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Sounds like you are getting your ducks in a row...that's great! 

I wish you luck!

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

White Dove
on 6/22/15 1:54 pm - Warren, OH

Weight gain comes from eating more than you burn.  If you seriously want to lose weight then you need to stop eating more than you burn.  I allow myself 10 calories for each pound that I want to maintain.  I maintain at 136 so know I need 1360 calories a day to stay there.  I found I can go to 1400 and still maintain.

To lose a pound a week, I go down to 900 calories a day and stay there until the weight is gone.  To lose 1/2 pound a week, I cut to 1250 calories a day.  After surgery my metabolism is slow and I cannot lose more than one or two pounds a week. 

Most people gain weight during year three.  It is usually a combination of eating too much carbs and simple boredom.  Figure out how many calories you can eat per day to lose.  Then allow yourself the time to lose the weight.  For me, 70 pounds would take about a year and a half to lose.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 264 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 276 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 319 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 277 views