Chinese

melissasue1982
on 6/26/15 6:25 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I have a few recipes you could try :)  Some you may have to substitute a few things (sugar etc)

chicken-zoodle-lo-mein

chicken-egg-foo-yung

general-tsos-meatballs-low-carb

cauliflower-fried-rice

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

karenp8
on 6/26/15 6:37 am - Brighton, IL

At home I make a stir fry with lots of meat and veggies and serve mine with zuchini or squash cut with my vegetti. Pretend noodles taste just as good to me. If we go out I usually order egg fu young. Most times I can't eat a whole patty so I have leftovers for later. A good Patty and a bit of sauce is 180 calories.

johns-wife
on 6/27/15 10:20 am

Look for a Korean restaurant instead. The soups are particularly awesome! The sour taste of cucumber kimchee becomes something you crave after a while. The shredded radish makes your stomach feel nice. The green onion pancakes are made with rice flour so they don't seem to irritate your stomach and they are so flavorful - like chips only better!  Oh - and the bean thread noodles are good too.

Ah - and if you like Japanese, ask for the Kanisunomono (not sure if that is spelled correctly) - it is like sushi only cooked and without rice or seaweed (crab wrapped in cucumber with ponzu sauce / which is citrusy and also easy on the stomach.)

As for Chinese, things like Lo Mein, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Egg Rolls, etc - you will stop missing after a while. It has been about 8 years since I had my surgery and I look at Chinese food now like I would look at a big bucket of brown grease - because that is what it is.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 196 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 255 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 264 views