opinions please on wheat bellly program

nursegal132
on 6/28/15 9:37 am - CALGARY, Canada

Hi all, I have gotten away from healthy RNY eating, and a friend of mine is doing the wheat belly program, so at this amazing consignment store, I got the wheat belly book for 2$ best best BEST 2$ I have spent in a long time.  As an RN the info I read as to how the program, can help w a gazillion ailments both physical and mental, it all makes sense to me, so I am supporting her by doing it now along with her.  It is very similar to how my surgeon and the dietician directed me to eat 8 years ago.  The recipes are so good, so my mood is actually lifting, is it that wheat free actually makes our moods better, lifts anxiety and depression, or is it just because I am eating well and following the diet plan similar to that which I was initially supposed to follow, either way, I am in

I would truly appreciate your opinions, and please let me know if you have tried this WOE,

Thanks 

Ladytazz
on 6/28/15 11:04 am

I haven't tried the program but I am gluten free and it does make a difference.  I have read parts of the book and it made complete sense to me.  

I am not disciplined enough to really follow a program, lol, but being gluten free is pretty easy for me.  I've eaten this way for nearly 5 years and it is the longest I have gone without the destructive eating that I have practiced all my life.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

crazy4birds
on 6/28/15 5:41 pm
RNY on 12/02/14

I too eat gluten free out of necessity, I have Celiac Disease.  There is a gluten sensitivity that some people have that  can cause a host of problems.  

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

Kathyjs
on 6/28/15 5:58 pm

I am happy to hear you are back on track again. I know nothing about it but I know you still have your tool.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/28/15 9:09 pm, edited 6/28/15 9:10 pm

I developed some gut issues post op RNY.  Eliminating glute and all other grains made a huge difference for me. 

Also ... Starchy carbs... 

I have not read that book, but I follow low carb life style, low carb paleo like... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics