good news/ bad news

khunton
on 7/14/15 8:39 am

Good news... I recently hit the 75 pound weight loss goal! 

Bad news... Looks like I'm in another stall, I haven't lost any weight in over a week. 

I know these stalls happen but it seems like I stall a lot. Any tips or tricks to not stall as much or how to get out of a stall?

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/14/15 9:40 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Hi there -- congratulations on some excellent weight loss.  You should be very proud of your hard work and success so far.  It looks like you and I had very similar starting weights -- and I know how frustrating it can be when you are still doing "everything right" and the scale doesn't move much.  Please know that one week without loss isn't really a stall.  Sadly, a stall is really a month on plan without scale movement... can you imagine!?  In my experience, the first 75 to 80 pounds was pretty steady and rapid.  I swear that I could see a change nearly every day -- and once we get used to that pattern, when things start getting more 'stair-step' -- it can feel kind of discouraging.  I had my first week without scale movement at about your point -- and even though I knew it was normal, those negative thoughts started to creep into my head: is this going to be it?  -- is this going to fail like every other diet -- Am I going to be one of those people who even fails weight loss surgery? -- Am I eating too little/too much -- blah blah blah....

Truthfully, there is really nothing you can do to stop these.  You body needs time to adjust to your loss.  Sadly, as you get closer and closer to goal, you will find that these periods are more frequent and even more frustrating.  Sometimes it feels like a cruel joke: "Congratulations on doing so well -- now you can keep doing it and see NO RESULTS for a bit!!" -- but if you keep to plan, it always passes.  I swear.  

So, my tricks are to focus on the positive during "stalls" -- and to use that time to adjust mentally and focus on my health and staying on plan.  I know this isn't what you were probably looking for -- but I swear to you -- the "stall" will pass whether you swing chickens, dance under the moon, eat nothing but eggs -- it's just has to play itself out.  

Contrats again on your fabulous start!  Keep up the great work.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

phibbmom
on 7/14/15 10:11 am

I had some stalls along the way.  Just keep following the plan and it will work itself out.  If you aren't doing cardio, you might want to add that in, but if you are . . . keep with the plan it works!

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

MickeyDee
on 7/14/15 12:19 pm

The best advice:  STAY OFF THE SCALE.  It will drive you nutz.

Your body needs to adjust to the weight loss;  you will find that you've lost inches rather than pounds.  

Stay on the program, stay off the scale.