Greasy foul smelling diarrhea

Momma1991
on 9/18/15 9:32 am, edited 9/18/15 9:35 am - Hamilton, NJ
RNY on 04/08/13

Out of nowhere this morning around 330am I woke up with horrible pains in my belly that sent me rushing to the bathroom. I thought maybe it was constipation pains as I am 14 weeks pregnant today. But it wasn't constipation pains at all. It was full blown diarrhea that was very greasy and had a foul smell to it. Lasted about a good 20 minutes. I contributed it to the pepperoni pizza I ate the night before because it was a little greasy. After that nothing happened up until out of nowhere around 12:15pm this afternoon it hit me again, it was very greasy diarrhea and very foul smelling. I am not sure what caused it this time because I haven't eaten since the pizza the night before. I feel perfectly fine in general. I don't feel sick. But out of nowhere my stomach gets this nasty pains and I'm in the bathroom with greasy foul smelling diarrhea...... I don't know what's wrong with me. I have plans to go out tonight, but I guess I might be staying home tonight near the bathroom. Should I take some Imodium? Or let whatever is bothering my insides keep coming out? What could this be?

oh by the way, I don't have my gallbladder anymore. So im not sure what's going on.

Ladytazz
on 9/18/15 10:06 am

As post ops we tend to look at our rearranged insides as the cause of any unusual digestive symptoms and that isn't a bad idea but sometimes we just get the flu, or eat the wrong thing, or in your case are pregnant.

Since this is new and hasn't lasted long I would defer to your doctor on whatever treatment they feel is best.

If it becomes ongoing than you might want to contact your surgeon.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

newchris1
on 9/18/15 2:29 pm
with

girlfriend, my poop hasn't smelled the same since I had the surgery.  I had to buy Lysol!  and I haven't eaten any pizza.  It's mostly very soft and very, very foul smelling.  Just sayin.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/18/15 9:12 pm - OH

There have been a couple of occasions over the 8 years since my RNY that I have eaten too much fat, and it has sometimes affected my bowel movements for more than 24 hours. If the second incident was the last, I wouldn't worry about it. If it continues, though, see your doctor ASAP.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 294 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 286 views