I'm Back (cross post)

caliannie
on 9/24/15 10:09 pm - CA
RNY on 04/14/15

I'm back after a stressful summer. My husband suffered an aortic dissection in June which had me flying from California to Minnesota unexpectedly. I reached out to OH and you helped me stay on track. We came back home and a week later we're at Stanford for a consultation and he gets admitted for 4 days. While at Stanford (2 hours away from home) my mom has a stroke and is hospitalized for 3 days. I rush home to see her. My mom is in the hospital for 3 days and she and my husband come home on the same day. Amazingly my mom fully recovered with no lingering side effects. During this time it's hard staying on track because I have little to no appetite but know I have to get my protein in. All of the tips and suggestions I've read here helped me get through the summer even though I was MIA. My MIL, SIL, and I go on a 7-day Mexican cruise to decompress and relax from our stressful summer. Another miracle...I stayed on track and actually lost 5 lbs. I don't want to sound like it's all been flowers and perfume because it hasn't. I'm still working on not reaching for food when trying to deal with work stress. Until the last couple of weeks I've been doing really good. But I think I started to get comfortable and let things sneak in. The real kicker is when I eat something it doesn't taste as good as I thought and it usually upsets my stomach. I'm learning. The desire for sweets is gone and been replaced with fruit. No bread, pasta, or pasta have been replaced with quinoa every once in awhile and experimenting with veggie "noodles". I definitely feel better and people have noticed and complimented me saying I look good. I'm only 5 months post op and 26 pounds away from goal and I'm enjoying this journey.

NSVs

1. I can wear my wedding rings again!!!
  2. I can see my collar bones again...it's been 30 years
  3. My sugar cravings are almost nonexistent...replaced with fruit cravings
  4. Knee pain has gotten better
  5. Blood pressure is normal
  6. My closets have been cleaned out

Even though I wasn't here thank you for the support and encouragement I know would have been given.

Carpe Diem!

Height: 5'5"  HW: 237 SW: 237 CW:138 GW: 134   M1: -31  M2: -14  M3:-12  M4: -10  M5: -10  M6: -5 M7: -4 M8: -5 M9: -5 M10: -2 M11: M12: -1

cc583
on 9/25/15 8:50 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

So sorry to hear about your family's medical problems but glad that everyone is on the mend.

Welcome back! You mentioned the noodles.....I have used the shirataki noodles. They are a pretty good replacement and are made from plant fibers.

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler