Restriction

Deana_
on 10/26/15 8:55 pm

quick question.

I had rny 12/22/14. I'm down almost 100 pounds. I started st 239 and I am 145. I had a emergency repair surgery because I had an ulcer that perforated during an endoscopy. I feel no restriction what so ever anymore when I eat. I'm not eating bad, I'm not eating foods I'm not supposed too.. But I have been stuck at this weight for two months and I'm wondering why it feels like I can eat more and not be full? Any ideas for me? You think maybe some protein shakes or something for a couple days and see how I'm feeling? I want to hit my first goal of 100 pounds!!!

White Dove
on 10/26/15 10:32 pm - Warren, OH

Your new pouch is like a newborn baby. And like any baby, it grows rapidly. At close to a year out, you pouch is close to reaching its adult size. A mature pouch can be between eight and twelve ounces. It will hold a lot of food, especially slider foods.

This is nothing you did wrong. If the pouch stayed tiny, we would starve to death. Protein shakes just slide through and will be a way of quickly adding more calories. Protein shakes are great when our pouch is too small to hold much food, not so good for a mature pouch.

To start your weight loss again, start weighing and tracking your food. Make your meals from dense protein and llitte else. You need to cut 500 calories a day to lose a pound a week. At 145 you need about 1500 calories a day to maintain. Start using My Fitness Pal and see how many calories you are actually eating. Dropping to 1000 calories a day should get you to goal in six weeks.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics