I Miss My Oatmeal (cross post)

Karen R.
on 12/2/15 8:11 am, edited 12/2/15 12:14 am - Amelia, OH
Revision on 09/10/15

How about this?

90 calories and 15 grams of protein!

Karen

Ht: 5'3"/Pre-Band Weight:256/Revision to RNY 9/10/15-Weight: 219--GW: 115--CW 105

sweetpotato1959
on 12/2/15 8:51 pm

I have PCOS and low blood sugars, so still must be very careful with carbs decades past surgery..I would advise, ..make it at home, measure carefully, add protein and use stevia to sweeten..and avoid any fruit with it the first few times, until you are sure of the way it will affect you. Remember fruit will boost the carbs really quickly, and could easily be the apple that upset the apple cart. Being sick after a meal is no way to spend the day.

Denise
Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/3/15 9:13 am - Baltimore, MD

I eat protein oatmeal. Here's how to make it: http://www.bariatricfoodie.com/how-to-make-protein-oatmea/

I also do baked protein oatmeal (sort of like a...cake maybe): http://www.bariatricfoodie.com/niks-fall-harvest-protein-bak ed-oatmea/

On the carbs. Ok so this may be my "old craggity-ness" speaking but yes, losing weight is the goal, but eat good nutritious food! Oatmeal (when you use the right kind) is wonderfully heart healthy and full of nutrients. Yes, it's carb heavy. The body actually NEEDS a certain amount of carbs just for your brain to work, so if you have to eat carbs anyway (and we all do), eat the best ones!

Don't ever skip over nutrition for weight loss. That never ends well. 

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

HFA70
on 12/9/15 11:41 am

I make my own oatmeal with instant reg. flavoured oats, I put half my protein powder, sweetener, cinnamon and make it with milk for extra protein, sometimes I have half a banana or some strawberries on it to change it up.  I eat it almost everyday!

I don't eat fast food oatmeal, I will only eat it from home.

Most Active
Recent Topics