What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Nerdy_girl
on 11/30/15 8:44 am - MD

Like cheapskate, I also want to be one of the cool kids so I'm joining this thread for the first time.  I think I did pretty well over Thanksgiving. I worked out twice while I was out of town, and for the Thanksgiving meal (and leftovers) I made sure that there were "real vegetables" (i.e. not just green bean casserole) available and focused on consuming the turkey and the vegetables, with just a spoonful of the traditional carby things (mashed potatoes, stuffing, turnips). My sister asked me to make sweet potato pie -- a recipe from my dad that I've been trying to recreate since he died.  I'm told it came out pretty close this year, and also made a no-sugar one for myself that was pretty good.  I had two slices and the rest is going in the freezer. I also had a pretty cool NSV. While I was making the regular pie at my sister's house Thanksgiving morning, I spilled syrup from the canned yams on my dress.  I was thinking I needed to drive back to the hotel and change so I could wash the dress before dinner.  My sister, who's weight has fluctuated over the years but never came remotely close to the "obese" category, says "Hold on, I might have something."  She comes downstairs with sweat pants and a t-shirt that she uses for painting projects.  Well, they fit.  I have never in my life been able to borrow clothes from anyone.  It was a pretty cool feeling.

Time since surgery: 12 years and 11 months since the original, 4 months since repair

B: Protein coffee (1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 4 oz milk, 11 oz coffee)

L: Bean curd in lobster sauce (left over Chinese food from last night - no one wanted to cook after that drive)

S: ?

D: Leftover Turkey -- haven't decided what to do with it yet. 

Totals for Breakfast and Lunch: Cals: 486 Protein: 46, Carbs: 22, Fat: 24  Looks like Dinner needs to be very low in fat. 

HW: 417 | 2003 RNY: 138 loss | 2015 Revision SW: 279

AngryViking
on 11/30/15 8:52 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Hi! 

That's a great NSV!  One of my favorites was being able to wear my husband's pajama pants.  I still wear them, even though now they're like Hammer pants.  LOL

melissasue1982
on 11/30/15 9:22 am
RNY on 04/06/15

That is a REALLY AWESOME NSV that nobody (well you know, nobody who hasnt ever been obese) understands!  I have never been able to borrow clothes. 

I will NEVER forgot in high school, I was cold and didnt have a sweatshirt and a friend was like, "oh my dad is HUGE, you can wear one of his"....well it was too small....UGH  I almost died of embarrassment

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Nerdy_girl
on 11/30/15 9:28 am - MD

I can imagine how awful that must have been.  I was so afraid of situations like that in high school that I probably would have hid the fact that I was cold, on the off-chance that someone might try to offer me something.  It was exhausting. 

HW: 417 | 2003 RNY: 138 loss | 2015 Revision SW: 279

Deanna798
on 11/30/15 9:16 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Welcome back all, I missed you guys so much on Friday that I nearly started the thread. I was at work and bored out of my mind. I did okay on Thanksgiving. I did have a tiny bit of stuffing with my turkey and gravy, but got full quickly and didn't overdo it. I made the sugar free low carb cheesecake, and it was pretty decent. I added pumpkin, and I think that it made it a little looser in texture than I would have liked. I like a really dense cheesecake. I think I'll make one for Christmas and see how it turns out.

I was the official baby holder, because I was the first one done stuffing my face, so I held my brand new little newborn nephew who needed a bottle while momma ate dinner. I was in seventh heaven.

Then on Saturday, I cooked a full Thanksgiving feast for my family. My brother and sister in law showed up an hour late, and their 13 year old daughter sat on the couch in my living room with her headphones on and didn't interact with anyone at all. I really do not like that child. But, I just ignored her like she ignored me, and as long as she's not being openly disrespectful (except for if you count ingoring people completely rude, which I do) then I can deal with it. let her sit by herself in another room and mope her life away.

So, I'm still eating leftovers. Today is turkey with 1oz mashed potatoes with gravy and an ounce of low fat green bean casserole. I made Trader Joe's gluten free stuffing on Saturday and no one had a clue. I didn't tell anyone and they ate it up like crazy. I had some on Saturday, but I've skipped it since.

So this is what my plan is for today:

B: light and fit yogurt and half a decaf click mocha

L: turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, low fat greenbean casserole

D: turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, low fat greenbean casserole

S: light and fit and pickled veggies

Totals
Cal 655 protein 71 carbs 45 fat 18

Work is killing me. I really am ready to just leave, but my finances tell me that I can't. Ugghh.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

stacyrg
on 11/30/15 9:32 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning everyone!  Ran my first ever turkey trot 10k and managed to take 8 minutes off my last 10k time!  We were pretty happy, especially since the course was HILLY!!!  Also, I typically run intervals (4 minute run/1 minute walk) but decided to see how I would do skipping intervals.  My friend was all in, so I think I probably walked just 4 minutes out of the whole run.  I'm running a half marathon with the same friend in May of next year and my goal is to work up to running the whole thing while not adding time.  Looking forward to the challenge.  Thanksgiving was good and pretty easy to stay on track.  We went to my aunt's house and she had plenty of WLS friendly choices.  Shrimp/crab/lobster for appetizers and then she had turkey, ham and a rib roast for the main course.  I ate pretty much protein with just a small spoonful of mashed potato and a small spoonful of sweet potato.  I did indulge in a small slice of carrot cake and it was worth it.  Everything was tracked and I stayed under goal!  We did Thanksgiving No. 2 yesterday.  I cooked everything and took it to my brother's house.  So, this week may be turkey heavy!  Glad to see that everyone else seemed to have a good weekends.

B: Overnight oats

S: Cuties (maybe 2)

L: Chicken Breast and carrots

S: Somersaults

D: Turkey and sweet potato

Totals: Cal. 836; Protein: 94g; Fat: 33g; Carbs: 64g (low carb challenge starts tomorrow!)

catwoman7
on 11/30/15 8:18 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Still eating Thanksgiving leftovers.  I'm OK calorie- and protein-wise, not carb-wise.   I need to join the challenge!

6 months out

B:  1 scrambled egg

S:  2 scoops of Syntrax Lemon Tea mixed with Crystal Light lemonade (sipped on this all day)

L:  1 C turkey chili

D:  2 oz turkey, 2 T gravy, 1/4 C stuffing, 1/4 C sweet potato casserole

kcal: 980  protein:  91  carbs:  81

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

robinreinhardt
on 12/1/15 7:39 pm

Hi all!

I also had a small piece of pumkin pie. Yummy! First time ever that I lost a pound for thanksgiving. Good luck at your Dads and thank you for always helping me.

Robin