SURGERY IS TOMORROW

CASSIE1231
on 12/15/15 10:46 am
RNY on 12/16/15

I cannot lie, I am nervous. I think more about afterwards than the actual surgery. Yesterday I thought about cancelling it but in my mind I know this is right for me. I will be on here alot asking questions and for help and supports. Also any prayers you can send my way for my surgery and recovery would be great. I am the one on the left. Can't wait to be active again. 

Cassie

5' 5" CW 285

killinmesmalls77
on 12/15/15 11:07 am - MN
RNY on 05/07/15

Will be praying for you! Best wishes for a successful day tomorrow. See you on the losers bench! 

HW: 276 SW: 254.1 GW: 125 CW: 154.5

CASSIE1231
on 12/15/15 12:04 pm
RNY on 12/16/15

Thank you. I love, The Losers Bench. Can't wait

Cassie

5' 5" CW 285

CASSIE1231
on 12/16/15 10:21 am
RNY on 12/16/15

Thank you?

Cassie

5' 5" CW 285

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/15 12:42 pm

I was worried about the afterwards also. It is natural to worry about things we've yet to experience and realize we're capable of getting through. 

My RNY was done with a robotic machine, controlled by my dr. in the next room. The morning of, he sticks his head into the space I'm laying down on the table on. And says "Lets hope there are no malfunctions like we had last week", smiled, winked at me, and the SOB left the room laughing. The last thing I saw was the mask being lowered onto my face to sedate me. I was no longer nervous.

Now, almost 4 months in, I am very active, about 115 pounds lighter, and those initial fears are fading fast. 

I will pray for your safe recovery and smooth transition to "normalcy" again. Good Luck and please keep everyone updated.

CASSIE1231
on 12/15/15 1:08 pm
RNY on 12/16/15

Wow!!!! Thank you for your story. Your Dr sounds like he has a great sense of humor. I can't wait to be active again. You are doing great on your weight loss. :)

I most certainly will be on here updating everyone as well as soaking up as much info as possible from you all that have already been down this road. 

Cassie

5' 5" CW 285

BaileyBay
on 12/15/15 2:37 pm

Hello Cassie!! 

I know how you feel... Nervous, that is...  I just rec'd a call from my Surgery Coordinator telling me that I am done with my "program" and he is passing my case to the Surgery Scheduler for a surgery date.  They will call me in 7-10 days with a Surgery date!!  I am excited and nervous at the same time...  I am also just having anxiety over the afterward not really the actual surgery.  I am worried... Can I really do this??  What if I hate it afterwards??  Will I ever be able to eat my fav. foods ever again??  Will I have complications from the RNY??  All of these things are going thru my head...  I guess it is normal to be nervous...any other experienced RNY's want to calm my fears and questions please feel free...Cassie, I will pray for you for surgery tomorrow...good luck with everything!!  I will follow your progress...take care

CW 270  5'7  Awaiting call for surgery date.

CASSIE1231
on 12/15/15 3:41 pm
RNY on 12/16/15

I am all of the above, right there with you. Thank you for the prayers and I can't wait to hear when yours is going to be. We got this, We are going to be healthy again. 

Cassie

5' 5" CW 285

gracertx
on 12/15/15 5:20 pm - TX

Cassie I want to tll you I had a difficult recovery specially months 4 to 7 post op , it was horrible. NO LIFE THREATENING  or anything such just I could not even look at food at all, at any food...after 10 months, back to wanting food, enjoying it and better by the day...today 28 months apost-op  I am so happy and went from 253 lb  went to 109-113 lb. Knowing all the sick I felt I do it over and over again...I would not think more than 2 seconds to answer GO for it.

I wish you the best and remember any discomfort is temporary for a future life full of happy moments, new clothes and respect from ayone that sees you.

When I ws fat I suffered disrespect from 90% of the people, this is the truth. Now I am proud to share my story of weight loss. I tell people  it is the Doctor's effort not mine....it is kind of true.

Feel free to contact me if you need support. I did it alone. I was back to work in 4 days..I am crazy but I wanted to feel good. I just have 4 hours office work so not so bad.

I thank God every moment for this opportunity to feel normal. I thank Dr. Hodges for being my surgeon.

Grace

Christyms
on 12/15/15 2:43 pm

you are making a good decision. Prayers and well wishes for you..

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 341 views