Scared of not feeling like crap

Deanna798
on 1/12/16 3:33 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

I did get dumping around Christmas,  but it was after an extreme amount is sugar.  Like half a piece of coconut cream pie and 3 cookies within 30 minutes sugar. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Talkingmountain
on 1/10/16 7:29 am
RNY on 12/28/15

That seems like a pretty normal fear. But don't worry -- you WILL have pain! Everyone gets terrible gas pains at least the first few days. Surgical site pain varies a lot on the individual and the surgeon, (I for example had and have none) but gas pains seem to be pretty much universal. And to borrow a phrase, "this ain't your momma's" gas pains!

good luck with your surgery. 

Ht 5'6" | HW 278 | SW 264, Size 28+/4-5X | GW 135ish, Size 10-12 | CW 132, Size 8-10
Surg Date 12/28/15 | NSV Goal: Go down slide w/kid! 

DEBGG
on 1/10/16 7:49 am

Oh boy! That sounds fun!!! Lol thanks for the info. I'm just hoping my ins co doesn't take forever :/

Ladytazz
on 1/10/16 9:08 pm

Are you talking about waking up right after surgery and not having pain?  Or what it would be like in the future to wake up and not have pain?

I woke up from surgery wondering who that crying person was and why didn't they help her.  Then I realized it was me.  It took a while to get the pain thing under control.

As for waking up in the future, I am 58 and if I wake up and I'm not in pain I kind of figure I haven't woken up yet and I'm still dreaming.

Time is not kind to us formerly morbidly obese people.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

DEBGG
on 1/11/16 9:02 pm

In the future. I know there is going to be pain coming out of surgery. It's just that I have felt everyday, all day, for so long, I get some anxiety worrying about it. Lol

MickeyDee
on 1/17/16 2:43 am

Not everyone has pain post-op;  I felt as if I'd done too many pushups, but it wasn't horrible.

I did have some problems sleeping, but Lortab took care of it, and I only used it a couple of times.  

Everyone's different.  Be prepared for the worst, and enjoy the moment when the Worst doesn't occur!

robinreinhardt
on 1/12/16 10:56 am

Sorry about your band experience. I had my RNY 13 months ago and have had 0 problems. Just follow your surgeon's advice and you will be fine. Good luck.

Robin

CathyWray
on 1/12/16 1:29 pm - Madison, TN

I was scared but I was more scared of getting sicker and sicker.  I had surgery before and knew what to expect and still hated the few short hours of discomfort. The nausea from the anesthesia was my real problem.  Surgery site was no problem for me. It was only painful the first and second day and by the third day I was on regular tylenol. I was 65 when I had it done and also knew that I didn't want to die but I didn't want to not try to save myself.  I prayed and asked God's guidance and help, my son was against it and some friends would just say it was a bad idea.  I made the choice from the peace in my heart and now I am 14 pounds from my doctors goal.  I have had dumping, stalls and emotional stalls but all in all, I never thought I could be so happy. At my hospital they don't even do the lap band any longer. It is fraught with problems and I honestly don't know one person who still has it. I'm sorry you had that experience. You will likely only have the new surgery pain but it doesn't last but a couple of days.  The old lap band pain being gone will be replaced with such joy. You didn't mention how the pain has manifested itself but I am glad for you to face the problem and seek a solution!!! 

DEBGG
on 1/12/16 2:09 pm

Thank you for that wonderful reply! That makes me feel better ð?' 

when the band was installed, it was immediately engulfed in scar tissue. I could feel it in my chest it hurt so bad. When they removed it, they pulled it out and put a hole in my esophagus. After a week in my local hospital my skin starting turning grey, I was dying, so my family had me transferred to the Cleveland Clinic, where after 15 days, they saved my life. Since 2008 I now have diabetes, arthritis, HBP etc.. I cannot live like this anymore. My family is against it-especially my 3 kids, but I want to be here for them as well as my grandchildren. I have gotten pneumonia twice in 2015 and had to quit my job because my body will not allow me to do much of anything. I'm 45 yrs old and feel like I'm 80! I've made the decision to do it, I'm just extremely scared. 

CathyWray
on 1/12/16 3:22 pm - Madison, TN

I had the new pneumonia prevention shot.  Get out of bed after surgery the minute you can. They love you and that's why they want things to stay the same.  Keep in touch, say your prayers and keep putting one foot in front of the other.  I watched my husband die of obesity related problems. I just couldn't face the future with all my illnesses.  I went to find out about a facelift and possible tummy tuck.  I am praying and will work and save for this if I decide to do it.  It was totally weird not to have to mark that I have these diseases any more. Please keep posting I want to hear how you are doing and I will definitely be praying for you. :)

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 334 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 102 views
Recent Topics