Rny revision

Deana_
on 1/31/16 8:47 am

just looking for some advice. I didn't post to the revision board as there isn't much action on there. I had rny on 12/22/14 just a little over a year ago. I went from 250 pds to 139. 

About three months after my surgery I developed ulcers that they tried to treat with protonix and carafate. It did not work. In the first week of September I got an endoscopy to see what the ulcers were like and I perforated and went septic. I had to have an emergency repair surgery done. 

Eversince the repair surgery I've had severe pain still in my pouch and upper left quadrant so I had my gall bladder removed and they also removed some hernias and scar tissue. I've had zero relief.

This Tuesday my surgeon is giving me a revision in hopes that starting fresh will make me feel better. He has talked about possibly needing a feeding tube as well. I am more afraid for this surgery than the other three. I'm not sure why. I know the surgery will be longer and more complicated but four surgeries I a year is a lot. I'm just looking for some advice, some words of encouragement and any info for people who have gotten a rny to rny revision. Thank you. 

White Dove
on 1/31/16 9:20 am - Warren, OH

Do you know what exactly he is going to do?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Deana_
on 1/31/16 9:35 am

Not specifically I just thought he was going to re-do my initial surgery. 

White Dove
on 1/31/16 10:12 am - Warren, OH

I would ask

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/16 10:25 am

I am sorry you had to go through this. You need to ask your doctor what he is doing. I know we all think our doctors are really great. But this is very serious. 

Roma
on 1/31/16 10:41 am
RNY on 06/15/15

How terrible. I'm sorry to hear of your struggles. 

Please stick around, sharing your story is really helpful for all of us.

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

Laura in Texas
on 1/31/16 10:44 am

I would ask your surgeon specifically what he is going to do and then I would also get a second opinion. I'm not sure where you are, but I know several people who have gone to The Cleveland Clinic for second opinions.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

White Dove
on 1/31/16 1:10 pm - Warren, OH

Our concern is that he just going to reverse everything and put it back to like before surgery.  After that you will most likely gain back all of the weight.  Please find out what he means by revising your RNY. 

Deana_
on 1/31/16 1:14 pm

Just to clarify, he is not doing a reversal. He does not want to do a reversal at all. He is actually re doing the bypass to my knowledge. Re cutting and attaching the pouch to the intestine since I keep developing ulcers in the original area. I would never ever agree to a reversal! 

White Dove
on 1/31/16 1:19 pm - Warren, OH

OK, good luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 68 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 294 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views